Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Drinking

Let me begin by saying that I have lived my life up to this point pretty much on my own terms. I do not like people telling me what to do. I have become quite comfortable with the fact that I answer to no one (maybe my parents, but they are both smart enough to know better). I like to say, "If I wanted to be told what to do, I would get married." I will admit it, I have my share of flaws. Probably way more than the average person. Drinking alcohol is one of them. I don't believe that I am an alcoholic (of course no alcoholics do), but I am without a doubt a binge drinker. For the last 3 years I have decided to take a break from drinking with the start of December. Lately I have been taking some heat from a number of people about my drinking or lack there of. I started this annual tradition just to prove or convince myself that I don't have a drinking problem. But after the grief that I have received recently, now I am doing it out of spite. I may never drink again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that, Richard.
Tree

Anonymous said...

please..... spare us.

Anonymous said...

You are so smart! Please do what is best for you and don't cave in to the rest of the world who just want a drinking buddy.