Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween Weekend

Well what can I say about my weekend. I think the pictures are going to be worth more than my words. Friday night I went to Lid's annual Halloween party. I think I missed it last year. But I was back on course this year. It was a good time. Although I couldn't get any of my friends to go with me, so I ended up going solo. But as is usually the case with me, when you are dressed up as a big dumb gorilla you make friends fast. Eventually we made it to the bar down the street and started in on the Karyoke. That was fun for the first two minutes until Lid thought it would be a great idea and try and steal everyone's thunder. Everytime someone got up to sing, Lid tried to grab the microphone and either sing with them or sing for them. Fun. Saturday morning, I went and played pick up football at the Wisconsin Lutheran College Field. Which was fun, even though I was sort of feeling the effects of the evening past. Although there was one guy playing in worse shape since he threw up in a garbage can half way through the game. Saturday afternoon I was out at my parent's house cutting deer. Once I finished with that, I headed over by Chris and Rebecca. Rebecca's sister, Vanessa set up a pre party and wow was it nuts. Just kidding, we ended up sitting around brainstorming what everyone could dress up as. Chris didn't know what to go as, but I had two really good ideas for him. Since he had a beard, I thought he should go as the bearded lady. Or else, get a bed sheet and cut a bunch of holes in it and go as Charlie Brown. Neither happened. We eventually went down to the bar that Vanessa and Angela worked at. The rest of the evening was uneventful. It was just too hot, loud and smoky in the bar. These complaints are all signs of getting old. Sunday I went to my nephew, Nick's, soccer game. And afterwards I was back out at my parent's place slaving away over dead deer carcasses. Monday was Halloween. After work I headed over to my sister's place and took her daughter, Lindsey, to Toys'r'us, as you can see I got her a Barbie My Size Castle. Then that evening I went trick or treating with the kids. It was the kids, my brother in law, Tim, my brother, Jon, and myself out trick or treating. And since we took a wagon and a cooler full of beer. It seemed like the adults wanted to stay out trick or treating longer than the kids. From my recollection, I believe I was the only adult that I saw dressed up that night. I am not sure if you can tell from the picture but I am once again sporting my gorilla suit. It got quite the work out. But it isn't quite time to put it away. Ski season is coming up. And I am planning to be skiing the slopes of Colorado the third weekend of December.

No comments: