Tuesday, November 08, 2005

One from the Archives: How Not to Talk to the Ladies

December 1995.

After class my roommate, Kevin and I went to this graduation party at Scottie's Pub. I barely knew the guy that was graduating but there was free beer and free subs. So that means there was free beer, free subs and me. Kevin was giving me grief and calling me a chick magnet, but we all know this not to be true. Anyhow one thing led to another and I spotted these two girls who were not associated with our party. I made my way over to them and start talking to them. The table we were sitting at was right next to this table with all of these trophies on it. Our conversation quickly got to an uncomfortable pause, at which time I turned looked at the trophies and then back at the girls and in a discussed manor said “I told these guys to bring my trophies back to my place, I said I would only loan them out for a month.” Then I pick one of the trophies up and it was for second place and I say “Second place??? Oh that is right, I remember now. I had a pulled groin that game.” One girl thought it was funny the other would have been more amused with a heart attack. I continued to talk to these girls for another ten minutes or so, and every time that there was a long pause I would say “Did I show you my trophies?” After five times it wasn’t so funny. But you know me I stayed with it and by the tenth time it was funny again. Those girls quickly dismissed me and left the bar. I don't know what the moral of the story is, and maybe you had to be there, but it was amusing.

No comments: