Monday, July 16, 2007

Flying

I was watching TV the other day and their was a commercial on for the Outdoor Games. They were showing the event with the dogs where they run down a pier and jump as far into the water as possible. If I lived on a lake, and had a long pier this event would probably over shadow the musical chair contest at the Freeman Party. It also triggered a memory. When I was in college during the summer we would go over to Justus’ grandmother’s house. She lived on Nagawicka in Delafield and she had a long pier. I can clearly picture it today. We would all run down the pier and jump as far as we could. But Justus did it in a way that no one else could. He would get this look on his face, which I would classify as a combination of anger, determination, concentration and pain while he sprinted down the pier as fast as he could. Then as Justus left the pier and sailed through the air his facial expression changed to extreme happiness and joy. He and I were just talking about this the other day. I have a family reunion every year on the third Sunday of July with a similar set up, a long pier. Unfortunately I am a moron and forgot that this Sunday (yesterday) was the third Sunday of July. I thought this reunion was next weekend. So I missed it. Here is a photo from last year.

Note: No animals or children where hurt in the photgraphing of this picture.

No comments: