Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blah

I have nothing. Absolutely nothing for you. The life of Rickie is Boring. Capital "B". Nothing going on. What was the most exciting thing I did yesterday, I cleaned my bathroom after work. Disgusting by the way. Thankfully I have a pretty exciting weekend coming up. Here is a quick run down.
Friday: My contractors don't work on Fridays. I stop in my field office and do some paper work / computer work, but that is usually done in a hour or two. Friday evening, I have my nephew / god son, Josh's, birthday party at Sussex Bowl. Afterwards I am headed to Dousman Derby Days.

Saturday: My friends Chris and Rebecca are having a Shrimp Boil and Horseshoe Tournament. last year I was put in charge of organizing the tournament. Saturday night I am headed to the Jimmy Buffet concert at Alpine Valley. I have grass seats, but I have since scanned my ticket, rearranged some of the letters, so now as far as security knows, I have tickets in the front section 5th row. Check it out. Think it will work? It is all attitude anyhow.

Sunday there are plans of going down to Germanfest. Tree really wants to go down there. Here is something that is a bit odd. I asked Tree, who is moving back to Wisconsin this weekend, if he wanted to go to Jimmy Buffet. Since Saturday is the day that he is literally driving into town, he told me that if he wanted to go to the concert, he had better get divorce papers ready. However, the day after the concert he is free to go to Germanfest. Does that seem at all weird to you?

Sunday night I have a soccer game back up in Appleton. It is the last one of the season. A win would put our team at 5-1-2 and in second place. After the game I am driving 2.5 hours to Eagle River.

I have been getting burned out lately. My aunt and uncle have rented out a cabin for a week and invited me to stop by. So I plan on staying with them Sunday night through Wednesday morning.

With all of that going on, I should have plenty of pictures for you when I get back. But don't expect anything up until that time. Bubs, I know you are a regular reader, I probably won't be around until Sunday afternoon, if there is a trip to Germanfest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be a trip to Germanfest, and I will be getting my hands on some free tix. Sunday is the day, so if any of you want to head down there with me for some shopskopf, bier trinken, und wurst essen, let me know. I believe Tree, Roman, and myself are in.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

Dude, the crack crew at Alpine will spot that fake ticket 8 miles away. I cannot wait for the story on Monday morning:

Rickie:

So I went to Alpine this weekend and tried to use my fake ticket. The usher laughed at me and then crammed the ticket back up my ass. That hurt.

Rickie Davies said...

Bubs,

I am down for Germanfest. I have to get down there to do my Clark W. Griswold german dance. European vacation was on a month or so ago and I studied up on my moves.

I am going to leave my fake Alpine ticket scam comments alone until after this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Rickie

Did you have anything to do with the bridge collapse in Minneapolis? Haven't you worked there recently? What's your professional assessment of what happened there?

Anonymous said...

Are all your friends in MN okay? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

your fans are going through withdrawal....