Friday, July 13, 2007

Weekend Plans

I am staying up in Appleton this weekend. My sister and her family are coming up to visit their in laws. I told my nieces and nephew that they could sleep at my place. I have a soccer game Sunday night. I haven't played in 3 weeks. That should be interesting. I was suppose to come home and go to Stu's annual "Stu on Stu" basketball tournament. But that would just be a bad idea, since with my history of shoulder problems, I shouldn't be playing basketball and just being around a court would make me want to play. I know that if I showed up I would start dribbling a ball, then shooting, then next thing would be dunking (They are only 9 foot hoops). Finally I would end up getting in a game and hurting myself. It is best I just stay away. Plus I can just fall back on the fact that I am a past champion of the tournament and bask in the glow of my past accomplishments. My contractor on my project at work is working 4 - 10 hour days. On Fridays I come in and work a half day. Just catching up on paper work and so forth. One of my company's engineers down in Chicago asked me for some pictures of some I-Beam supports. So while I was out getting those pictures, and since my contractor wasn't on site, I thought I would take some of myself with my bridge. Here they are. Tree, I kept my shirt on for you.


In case you might be wondering, yes I was out on the project without my steel toe boots on. I hate wearing them. I do put them on when the contractor is on site and if I go out on the bridge when they are there. The other thing is that yes, I am not wearing my hard hat. I absolutely hate wearing my hard hat. But you might find this funny that while I was walking around the bridge taking pictures, I wasn't looking and walked right into an I-beam. It nearly knocked me out. Then I cursed at myself for not wearing my hard hat. Yes I am a moron. Anyhow, everyone have a good weekend.

No comments: