Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday night was a fish fry at Andy's parent's house. Here is Andy with two of his favorite things, a Pabst and his son.Saturday morning Mike Braun had thrown together a wiffle ball game at his parents house. This was easily the highlight of the weekend. We had 12 guys playing, and I was actually the youngest of all participants. When the game first started there was a ball that was hit in my general direction and I thought about diving for it but decided against it. Then someone said to me that by the third game I would be diving for everything. They were right. I was talking to Mike during the game and telling him how much fun playing was. It honestly took me back to being a kid. Remember that feeling as a kid when you would run around outside all day, I was sweaty and itchy from the grass. It was just so much fun. Then again, my body really paid the price the next day. And Sunday night I had to play soccer. I play sweeper on the team, and I didn't cross mid field once.Saturday afternoon after the wiffle ball game, I went to the Brewers game against the Giants. Villa thanks for the tickets, they were great seats. I owe you dinner. I took my dad to the game. We were on the third baseline, 2 rows from the rail. The only problem was that we were right in the sun and it was raging. It sucked that the Brewers didn't score a run, let alone barely got a hit. But I had fun anyhow. Here is my dad with the Robin Yount Statue.Here is Barry Bonds in the outfield.Despite the bad game, you can see my dad still had a good time.
After the Brewers game, I headed down to Festa Italiana. I met up with Nate, Michel, Andy, Julie, etc. It was a lot of fun. I don't think it was the best night for fireworks. But still fun. Andy's brothers cam down with their families. And the night before, I had told Andy's nephews that I was going to play ghost in the graveyard with them, but I didn't get around to it. So when I saw the kids at Festa, I decided we would play at Festa. Here are Nate and Michel.
Here I am earlier with Nate and Michel's son, Elery. Look how happy he is to be around his Godfather. Take that Julie.
I really like Festa because it is at the Lake Front, but isn't even close to as busy as Summerfest. In fact Summerfest is just too much. At Festa, you can walk up while a concert is going on and get right to the front row. If you need a beer, you can run to the stand and there isn't a line. I find Germanfest to be much the same as well. At the end of the night, we watched a Bon Jovi cover band. The lead singer, shown here, gave me a high five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys can only hit wiffle balls w/ big red kiddie bats there in Wisconsin?

booooooooo

-borky