Friday, August 03, 2007

Josh's Birthday

It has been a while since I have made a posting. But I have had a lot going on. And I have a ton of pictures. This is good because it will give me something to write about. Last Friday we celebrated my nephew, Josh's, birthday. In the afternoon, I stopped at my parents house. My nephews, Nick and Ethan were there. Here you can see me with the newest game I have invented, it is also not approved by any parent. It is called scooter dodge ball. Here I am at Sussex Bowl where we had the birthday party. Madonna was on the radio and I am Vogueing. Here are all of my nieces and nephews enjoying their pizza.
Josh blowing out his birthday cupcake.
The birthday boy bowling. After we ate, all of the kids bowled, and I bowled with them. I came in third place behind Abbigail in first place and Ethan in second place.
Here is the present that I got Josh. It was a rocket, but I wrapped it up in a refrigerator box. Here is a little tip out there for all of you parents, aunts and uncles. Kids love big presents, even if it is just something small inside. It is pretty easy, just stop at any furniture store and ask them if they have any extra boxes. I had the rocket inside the box, then filled it with balloons, duct taped the sides down, wrapped it up in wrapping paper, then tied it up with twine. It took somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 minutes to open. My goal was for Josh to get so frustrated that he just finally gave up on opening the present. But that didn't happen. Plus kids like playing in the box usually more than the present.
Here I am flexing while bowling.
While I was bowling with the kids, I was screwing around quite a bit as I am sure you can imagine. A lot of seeing how many times I can hit the bumpers and throwing most of the balls with my left hand. During the game my brother in law, Tim, came up and asked me if he could throw a ball. I told him "If you wanted to play, you should have signed up." He retorted with "You don't play, you bowl." After the game with all of the kids was over, I took Tim on. Since he bowls every other week, we agreed upon giving me an extra 33 pins. I came out of the gate quickly and was up after 4 frames. But then Tim started to turn it on and hit 4 strikes in a row. Here is Tim celebrating his 4th strike. Tim ended up beating me 180 to 140. But all in attendance found it to be a highly entertaining match. Towards the end of the party, I threw all of the kids in the refrigerator box to grab this picture.

No comments: