Friday, August 03, 2007

Shrimp Boil and Jimmy Buffett

I have been spacing out my postings so I can get you something new every day.
Last Saturday was a full day for me as well. I went out by Chris and Rebecca for their family's annual Shrimp Boil. It is just amazing food. I stick to the two main staples, sweet corn and shrimp. Throughout the day I am sure I must have hammered down at least 100 shrimp. Last year at the Shrimp Boil, I got assigned the task of arranging the brackets for the horseshoe tournament. I was again in charge this year, but I came prepared with a bracket sheet all made out. I left the Shrimp Boil around 6:30 p.m. to go to the Jimmy Buffett concert. As mentioned in a previous posting, I made some fake tickets to use after entering the concert to make my way into the reserve seating. I went to the concert with Eric, Doug, Lisa, Lynn and Andrea. All of us got into reserve seats without a problem. But Lynn and Andrea were the only ones who could keep up with me for most of the concert. We were perched about 30 -35 rows back from the stage. For the encore, I managed to make it all the way down to the 5th row. I just wish they would allow cameras in so that I could show you the pictures. After the show, I headed back to Chris and Rebecca's to set up my tent in the yard and ate some more shrimp. Here are a couple of the pictures, I wish I had taken more at the Shrimp Boil. Sorry Butch, I should have brought my camera to breakfast for you birthday breakfast. Rebecca tossing a shoe in the tourney. You can see Butch, Rebecca's dad, in the background in the blue shirt and jeans. Butch ended up winning the tournament. Here is Angela with the tournament bracket, she was my lovely assistant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is the chick next to Angela...smokin'

Rickie Davies said...

That is Jenny, at least I think her name was Jenny. She ended up taking home a farm cat at the end of the night with a worm in it's face. I told her she should have taken all three of the farm cats.

Anonymous said...

You should have asked her to take your Johnson.