Friday, August 03, 2007

Eagle River

I think people have been waiting for this one. As mentioned before, it was a long eventful weekend for me. After Josh's Birthday party on Friday, I went to a Shrimp Boil and the Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley Saturday. Sunday night I played my last soccer game for the summer. We won, and our team finished in second place in the league with a record of 5-1-2. Right after the game I headed up to Eagle River. My uncle Dave, Aunt Marilyn and their kids (Justin, Kim, Mike) along with their kids significant others (Katie, Jake, Katie) rented out a cabin for the week and invited me to come up and stay with them for a while. I didn't get in until late Sunday night around 11:30. Before I go any further I would like to state that I am a bad influence and an instigator. I showed up and things were pretty mellow. A couple of people were sleeping and drinking soda and water. That quickly turned to the radio cranked, beer bongs flowing, bottles of Boone's Farm wine passed around, fire roaring and things didn't die down until 5 in the morning. The next couple of days were all the same. I would wake up in the mid morning and get in a swim across the lake. If I am going to drink that much, I need to be doing something positive for my body everyday. Then we would go on a Booze Cruise on the pontoon boat. Probably the best part of the day. Just cruising around the lakes, when we got hot, we would stop the boat and jump in. Stop at a bar for a drink or food. We would get back in the evening and then hit the water sports. Either water skiing or tubing. I wanted to go so badly but I know with my bad shoulders and alcohol mixed together, I would do something stupid and end up in the hospital. On the first night we got back from skiing and I went to make myself a drink, I opened up freezer for ice and they had a couple of bottles of booze in there. I grabbed a bottle of Hot Sex and started going around to everyone and making them do shots. I was shocked at how easy it was to get everyone to do a shot. Their was absolutely no fight in any of them. It was pretty much the same whenever I filled up the beer bong. We played this reaction game. I said when you lost you had to do a shot. Everyone agreed. The entire time I was up at the cabin, I would just make a rule and everyone followed it. Most of it was drink related. One night we all sat down and played poker. I said if anyone helped out anyone else, mostly the guys giving the girls advice on if they should bet or fold, that they had to eat a spoon full of taco meat because we made 5 lbs of it. Sure enough, Dave ended up eating a big spoon full. Anyhow, after skiing we would eat dinner. Then play some cards, eventually making our way down to the fire pit. This is where the stories started flying. My favorite story of the weekend was about Dave. In his younger days, he had a Firebird that he used to beat on quite a bit. One day the transmission just went out on it as he was leaving work. Or at least when he put it in drive the engine just red line but he didn't go anywhere. Oddly enough, reverse worked fine. So Dave followed one of his co-workers in reverse from Palmyra to Lake Waterville. He said he was up to 50 miles per hour in reverse. As the fire continued to roar, I broke out a couple bottles of Boone's Farm wine. Borky turned me on to this the last time I went camping with him. It tastes like soda, but it doesn't have much alcohol in it, so when it was 1/3 gone, I fueled it up a little with absolute vodka. For Marilyn this brought back memories as she had taken in a bottle of the Boone's from time to time in her past. She was rather protective of the bottle got passed around. On to the pictures. This is Monday after the Booze Cruise. Check it out Tree, shirt is off and I am flexing. I think I was flexing in nearly every picture taken of me. How that is different from any other picture I pose for, I don't know. This is me, C.W.W., 73 and Pinto Bean. When I got there Sunday night they mentioned to me how everyone had a nickname. I ended up changing half of those nicknames.Bassman and C.W.W.Here I am spiking the Boone's Farm.C.W. taking a healthy pull off of the Boone's.My parents were up for one day. They brought Nick and Ethan. Me and my dad. I am flexing and sporting a Mohawk that I fashioned out of sun screen because I am going bald.Pocahontas with the spread eagle dive off the boat.C.W.W. and C.W. Initially Dave was "The Chief" and Marilyn was C.W. for Chief's wife. But somehow over the course of week "The Chief" started calling himself C.W.W. and I don't know what that stands for.Frog Dive off the front of the boat.Bassman cracking open a fresh bottle of Jim Beam. That is TB or Tom Brady behind.Pinto Bean and 73.
Me and 73.We had a little chicken fighting going on. I still say Ethan and I won.Group shot from the water.I know the Shermans are regular readers of the blog. I just wanted to thank you for inviting me along and letting me spend time with you on your family vacation. I sincerely appreciate it. I had so much fun. You guys can party hard. Actually you went much harder than I expected. If you ever need a 9th wheel please don't hesitate to call me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick you are one of the funniest peeps I know....thanks for the laughs

sl

Rickie Davies said...

No argument here. Thanks Sugar Lips.

Anonymous said...

Very nice coverage of the trip. We had a great time with you too. But we are a little disappointed that you underestimated our partying ability. Afterall we are The Shermans. Thanks for putting up with us and for all the BF (Boone's Farm). High Five!