Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Simpson's Movie

While I was enjoying my stay in Minnesota this past weekend, I had time to take in a movie. I went and saw the Simpson's Movie. It was pretty good. Then again essentially it was just like watching a regular Simpson's episode, only three times as long. I can recall back in college, my roommate, Bob, used to tape the Simpsons and we would have Simpson marathons. Unfortunately these usually started after a long night of drinking. From what I recall Kevin had the record of 8 in a row. That took him to somewhere around 6 in the morning. I think I threw the towel in at 7 episodes. But back to the movie. Like I said it was good. I would give it a 6 or 7. There is a lot of crap in the movies now. But the Simpsons have been around forever. They are a rock on the TV landscape and always a decent choice. As is this for your movie viewing pleasure. Then again, it is the same stuff you see on TV. Why pay $7 when you can just see pretty much the same content on TV? I was happy to see that nearly all of literally hundreds of characters from the show made an appearance of some sort. It was a decent story line, with some highly unbelievable parts, but then again what do I expect from a cartoon. To me the biggest detractor from the movie had nothing to do with the movie itself. It was the two jar heads that were in the same row as me that were laughing so loud. And I would have been OK with them laughing. Granted the parts they were laughing at were funny......the first time I saw them on the trailers or on commercials.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean there were some highly unbelievable parts in a Simpson's movie? No way.

Rickie Davies said...

You mock me and you hide behind your anonymity. Coward.