Monday, August 20, 2007

Minnesconsin Trip

It was a pretty good weekend for me. I had a lot going on. Thursday afternoon I headed back up to Minnesota. I called it a work trip, and I actually stopped in at my bridge in Prescott to look things over. That was Thursday night, then I stayed with Borky. We had a couple beers and played some ping pong. Friday I had to help my friend, Flo, deal with a stalker, then I headed back to Eau Claire to drop off some paper work from my Prescott Bridge project. I drove back to Minnesota and watched the Simpson's Movie. Friday night I went to a play at the Gutherie Theater in Minneapolis with my friends, Flo and K.O. Saturday I head breakfast with Flo and Borky and then eventually Borky and I made our way over to Myra's for the boat party. We got there early and had our four man fantasy football draft. Not much of a chance of me losing that league. We had the boat party that night. Good times were had by all. Sunday morning I headed over by Krum and then Krum and I had a 2 hour lunch with Kaker. Next time we need Justus to be present for the meeting.
As I mentioned earlier had to deal with Flo's stalker. Flo called me Thursday morning and told me the story how this guy has been harassing her when she walks around the lake near her house. She asked me to confront him, and while I was doing so, Flo took a couple pictures. I hope it helped but after speaking with him, I quickly learned he is far off center. Hopefully she won't have to get a restraining order, but I wouldn't rule it out.Friday night Flo and I took the light rail downtown to K.O.'s place. We had dinner then went to the Gutherie for the play. This is the three of us out on K.O.'s balcony.During intermission of the play we went outside. From this balcony you can see where the 35W bridge collapsed. The play was called Private Lives, and one of the lead actors was the girl who played Toby in a Seinfeld episode, she was the red head who heckled Jerry on stage and then had her pinkie toe cut off.After the fantasy football draft at Myra's and before the boat party, we started playing drinking games. I invented card stacking for drinks. My aunt would love this game, after you place a card, you get to take a drink of Boones Farm. But if you knock the card house over, you have to slam half a beer. Here I am on the boat with Myra. Towards the end of the boat ride, I was talking to some people at the back of the boat. I noticed that the bar back continued coming back to a refrigerator and pulling out 6 packs of beer. I finally put two and two together and opened the fridge and found a bottle of Baileys in there. I took me and about 5 friends less than 10 minutes to finish off that bottle. What else to you expect from me, drinks were $5 a piece. Then again Borky and I brought flasks on board to save money. Cheap or a thinker? Remember I paid for breakfast at Perkins.Friday I had two dates for the play, Flo and K.O. and Saturday I had two dates on the boat, Heidi and Margaret.
After three hours of touring the lake we came back into dock, here I am at the end of the night with Captain Hank.Back at Myra's after the boat party we started doing keg stands. I am sure I had the longest time
Borky Bortke and Liz Bortke.
Doug struggling with the realization that the party is over.Here is your first sign that the world is coming to an end. It was the end of the party, and there must have been at least 10 people in the room and Eric and Flo just start making out on the chair in front of everyone. Hell called and they said it is snowing.
Myra passed out at the table at Perkins after the boat party.
Here is just a picture I took of Krum's place before we headed out to lunch with Kaker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the stories and the pictures.

Roman

Anonymous said...

I know you like plays, but if you want to see some good interpretive dance, there will be a show whenever Borky comes to Milwaukee and we hang out.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

I know you like plays, but if you want to see some good interpretive dance, there will be a show whenever Borky comes to Milwaukee and we hang out.

-Bubs