Monday, October 24, 2011

Badger Party

I am happy to announce that the Badger Party Saturday was a complete success in every way with the exception of the outcome of the game. The weather was highly favorable. Arguably the weather was better for this party than this year's Freeman party, for sure it was better than last years. I would like to thank everyone who showed up. As well as thanking everyone who brought food/drinks. I would have to say the highlight of the evening was breaking in my shotski. The shotski was used after each touchdown. And then it morphed into after every blocked punt, incomplete pass and eventually everytime the ball got snapped. The only disappointment was that whom ever was taking pictures when we were using the shotski must have had my camera in the wrong mode, or they accidentally got deleted, because when I looked at my camera the next morning, there weren't any pictures of the shotski. But here are the pictures that I do have.
Lifesize Jenga got some use. Here is Bonesaw (Pickle) taking his turn after the 5 second rule expired for Auggie, cheering in the background.
With the exception of Mick, everyone came prepared with plenty of Bucky gear. Here is Leslie.Julie.
Here is Al, who is a loyal blog reader. It was a tie between Roman and Al for who displayed the most passion during the game. Neither said that they bet on the game, but they were cheering as if they did.Steph and Leslie.Here is the backyard set up. Two TVs because two is better than one right?And finally nothing puts the exclamation point on one of my parties like some fire juggling. This got me to thinking about the party. If you had a choice between two parties to go to, wouldn't you have to go with the one with the fire juggler. Is there any better way to dominate the conversation with your co-workers around the water cooler Monday morning than by saying, "Yeah that sounds like you had a fun weekend. But I went to this party Saturday night and the guy hosting the party just starts juggling fire. Can you believe it, he juggled fire? He isn't very good and he drops them alot, but it was something you normally don't see."
I am hoping next football season, the Badgers will again have a night game and I will plan on another backyard badger party. So mark your calendars.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Great time Rick! Maybe a Packer one in the snow is next?

Anonymous said...

What about my awesome fire I kept going. It was back breaking work

Ethan Davies

Leslie said...

It was a blast...loved the set up! As everyone else, wish the game had a better outcome, but had a great time anyway. Thanks for the tour...Al had nightmares!! j/k

Rickie Davies said...

Julie,
I don't like having parties on Sundays.
Ethan, Thank you for your help with the fire.
Leslie, Glad you guys could make it.

Anonymous said...

what's Leslie's maiden name? (if she married now)