Monday, October 31, 2011

Joey's Birthday

Friday night was my nephew, Joey's, 4th birthday party. I decided it was time for a big present. It has been a while since I have done one. And it is so much more fun when they are young. Here is Joey starting to work on unwrapping the present. 7:21 PM.I think of all the times I have done this, this was the first time any child has opened the present with out the assistance of a knife or scissors. Joey is making progress. 7:27 PM.He got it open and once he got the box open, Joey climbed right in. For those unaware, the box was filled with nothing more than 30 or so balloons with candy inside of the balloons. I know, big spender. It is loosely controlled mayhem watching a bunch of kids running around trying to pop as many balloons as possible as fast as possible to get to the candy. This is what I do. 7:35 PMAnd what do the adults think of this? Well just look at Sue's expression.She looks thrilled.
Here is Joey playing with one of his new toys. I missed the first two takes where he really got excited after watching the car go down the track. I think we all need a little more of the innocence and pure joy that Joey displays here. Oh to be young again.

No comments: