Thursday, December 01, 2011

New Years Resolutions

This is becoming quite the tradition for me. Coming up with a New Resolution every year is almost as stressful as coming up with a Christmas Card picture. Every year I post my New Year’s Resolution, and with that I once again reinforce my past years’ resolutions. The list of resolutions is getting very long and distinguished (Topgun anyone?). But since some of my past resolutions have been food and alcohol related, I start a month early. This will keep me from eating poorly and drinking too much the entire month of December. So starting today, December 1st, I am starting my New Year’s Resolutions. But let’s review what resolutions I have had in the past and what I will be missing out on:
No Buffalo Wings (We just had some this past week and they were really good but now they are out of my diet)
No Fast Food (This is one that I have been really good about keeping. Since 2006 I have not had anything to eat from McDonalds, Taco Bell and only once while I was in Colorado, I had a breakfast sandwich from Burger King. Although this year, I am adding Culvers to the Fast Food category, but Gillies is not.)
No Candy (But I really love eating runts while at the movies.)
No Chips (Even Sun Chips? Yes, even Sun Chips.)
No Soda (So the large rootbeer at Oakland Gyros is out, but they still have milk shakes.)
No Cheese (That means no pizza, one of the main staples in my diet. How insane is this?)
No French Fries (What about American Fries?)
No Alcohol (This is the third year of the no alcohol resolution, and how about this, I can remember the exact events in which I broke this one. 2010 was the Badger Hockey game at Camp Randall (2/6/10). 2011 was Rebecca's birthday party (3/12/11)
No Swearing (Damn it. Alright starting now.)
Introducing myself to people I don't know. ("Eric Stratan, Rush Chairman, damn glad to meet you." Did I just swear again?")
No Eating after 7:00 p.m. (But when can I start eating?)

Juggle 15 minutes a day. (My goal is to have a much better performance that last year's pitiful display at the Freeman Party. Top trick to have down by the party, juggling 4 clubs. On and I will by purchasing knives this year. Ethan I am still working on chainsaws, maybe next year.)
Last year's resolution was not talking on the phone while driving. I was actually pretty good about that one. Normally I would just let the call go to voicemail, or if it seemed important, I pulled over to the side of the road. I did break this resolution a couple times, but it was definitely less than 10 times.
This is a very long list, 13 items I am watching myself on and hopefully making me a better person. With so many resolutions I decided this year to make an easy one for this year. This year my New Year's Resolution will be to rinse my mouth with mouthwash everytime I leave my house to go somewhere. Pretty easy and yet good for me. Plus when I will be introducing myself, it will only make a better impression that my breath smells fresh and minty. I encourage all of my blog readers to call me out on any and all of these resolutions. And if any of you have any resolutions, past or present, leave them as a comment, I would be interested to read them and / or possibly steal them from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your getting there though. Come on a whole year

Ethan Davies

Anonymous said...

No Cheese? Blasphemy buddy. Everyone needs a nice smoked gouda every once in a while.

-Borky