Thursday, December 15, 2011

Office / Nerd Humor…..Maybe

Every month at work I have to put together a presentation which updates management on the budgets and schedules of major highway construction projects in the south east region of Wisconsin. And more often than not, I take a part in giving the presentation. There are also handouts that go along with the presentation. I had help from a co-worker as I was preparing the handouts, and she made the point of mentioning that certain cells in the spreadsheet handout were to be a specific color. As you may or may not know every color has a color code. This color code has three components, Red, Green and Blue. Each component can be set to a number between 0 – 255. According to my co-worker, the exact color code for these spreadsheet cells is 255, 192, 0. Fast forwarding to the presentation, I was going through the handout and here what I said, “And as you can see, the projects that are on our Issues and Risks Log are highlighted in orange, or for those of you partial to color codes, 255, 192, 0.” As I am sure you can imagine, nothing but crickets. Well I thought it was funny.

No comments: