Friday, January 27, 2006

I really don’t know who everyone is in my readership. I have done some checking via my site meter, which is found at the very bottom of this page. You may click on it to check it out. So have had my blog up since August and I have had 365 visitors to the site to check out what I have been up to. If you go to the site meter you can also do a search by location. I am happy to say that I am international with hits coming from Canada, Ireland and Great Britain. Although I am guessing those hits might have been on accident. Anyhow I appreciate everyone who checks in. I think the rumor mill has but turning in the area, so I thought I would make the big announcement. One week from today is my final day of work here at the DOT. And starting on Feb 13th I will begin a new job with a company by the name of URS Corporation. Check out the link. I scheduled to be in the Milwaukee office until late summer / early fall. At which time I slotted to be moving up to Prescott, Wisconsin. I will be the Project Engineer on a rehabilitation of a movable / rolling bridge which crosses the St. Croix River. It is a temporary move up to Prescott, only for 6 to 9 months. So that is the latest. Oh and Wednesday night my soccer team broke out of our 5 game losing streak with a 5-1 win. In the process of the win, I once again dislocated my shoulder. It was pretty pathetic after the game. I came home and I grabbed a shower. I was lying in bed with an ice pack on my shoulder and a heating pad on my back. And if I had another ice pack I would have put that on my ankle. I felt like I was much older than I actually am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ricky! Does this mean that you get to ride in the space shuttle?? Where the hell is prescott? That sounds like BFE to me. Are you selling your house? Maybe I could house sit for you!

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

Prescott is between La Crosse and Hudson, and across the border from Hastings, Minnesota. I have been told it is a 30 minute drive to the Twin Cities. No I am not selling my house. I am not finished with it yet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rickie. I hope the job works out for you. I am sure we will continue to see updates on your blog.

Roman