Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Resolution

I don't know that I have ever really made a serious New Years Resolution. I always tell myself that I want to get in better shape but who doesn't. Last year, I sort of made one in February. After a trip to BW3's on MLK Day and a rough go around with the toilet for a day or two, I swore off Buffalo Wings. It has been almost a year and I have stuck with it. Other than once again trying to get myself into better shape, I have come up with two New Years Resolutions.

This year, one of my resolutions is to stay away from fast food. As of right now, I am off Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonalds (that is going to be tough around breakfast time).

My second resolution stems from one of my biggest pet peaves. Cell phones. I don't have one. I don't want one. I really don't think that I am that important of a person. Plus, do I really want people to be able to get a hold of me whenever and wherever. Sure cell phones are handy especially if you are trying to meet up with people, but I was able to meet up with people before their were cell phones. A little prior planning and things should work out. At work, I was required to have a cell phone on the job, and I literally had it in my hand all day. I always answered it when it rang. I feel that if I call someone on their cell phone and they don't answer, that they are just looking at their phone and seeing my name pop up and thinking to themselves, I don't want to talk to this loser. That is a hit to my self esteem. This brings me to my resolution. I am boycotting the biggest offender I know of not answering their cell phone. Dave Stegall you are out. It will be a long time before you recieve a phone call from me.

I ask you as my friends and readers to help me with my resolutions and to call me on them. So when you see or talk to me just ask me, "When was the last time you were at Taco Bell?" or "How is Stegall doing?" Thanks for you help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick,
Good for you no cell phones. Tony doesn't answer his phone if he is busy.....like eating supper or ? We are slaves to our phones.