Sunday, January 01, 2006

Where Were You At Midnight?

For whatever reason I decided that this should be my first New Years in 11, I mean 17 years with out alcohol. And I was successful. I went skiing at Cascade Mountain, they had a special with the hill open from 11:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m. I invited a bunch of people, and to her credit, Liz, is the only one who actually made the trip. Liz has always been a trooper. And skiing was fun. A bigger group would have made it a little bit better. But my goal with New Years was just to get some skiing in. Where was I at midnight? I was at Cascade Mountain, I had just finished a mogul run. And I was at the bottom waiting for Liz as she slid down the run. Please note from the picture that Liz does not have her skis on, as she is sliding down the hill. I would also like to mention that I told her that I would follow her, and she insisted that I lead. I didn't know it was a mogul run. And once we realized it, I told her to cut across to one of the adjacent runs, but she didn't. So that is the question I ask you my loyal blog readers. Where were you at midnight? That means actually reply and write something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian and I and the kids were watching the various celebrations on Fox. We were asleep by 12:05.

Anonymous said...

We went to see Lena and Rosie Bruni and then came home and crashed by 10:30

Anonymous said...

Went to a Donna The Buffalo concert in St. Petersburg, FLA. It was definately filled with florida folk, but a good NYE concert, non-the-less. Rick you would have liked it, i think.