Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Resale Value

In my continuing effort to lower the resale value of my house, I have yet again made a home improvement. Admittedly this is a minor home improvement. But I had some left over paint. And some time on my hands so I figured why not. Last week I called in sick and I started laying out and painting the floor in my utility room / work shop in the basement. I put in chevrons on the floor leading a path to the washer and dryer. Why I don’t know? Maybe so that in the event that if I ever get married and the Mrs. starts to get on my nerves, I can tell here to go downstairs, follow the arrows and get to work. Please reference the below before and after photos and let me know what you think. Was it a good idea or a bad idea? I have a feeling that I will get the normal reaction I get from people when I do something like this. “It is pretty cool, but I wouldn’t do it in my house.”


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool!! Anything that makes work fun is worth doing.

Anonymous said...

Umm, i dont know what to say. It looked quite professional prior to the stripes. But, hey, who am i to say. But then again.. its totally you Rick. Well done.