Friday, September 29, 2006

Doctor Davies, Report to Surgery

I know I have been pretty bad about getting stuff up on my blog. But really there isn't much going on with my life, especially during the week. Wednesday I wanted to change that. After work, I went and worked out and then I was headed over by Borky to play some ping pong. After playing Borky until he just flat out quit, I decided to stop by my good ole buddy Krum to see what he is up to. He lives maybe a mile from Borky, so while in the neighborhood, why not stop. Plus Krum always has something going on, and it is usually a production. I walk in the door and Krum has a bandage on his head. As the story goes, some guy dug his tooth into Krum's eye brow while they were playing football. And this gash required a medical procedure to close. Krum is currently running his own business and therefore his health insurance is not existent. So rather than actually going to a hospital, Krum called his ex-girlfriend,Patty, who is in her residency for medical school and set up an appointment for that evening. Patty told us to run to Walgreens and grab some syringes and etc for the minor surgery then we went to her house. I was more than happy to assist in the procedure and make photographic documentation. While I didn't feel to bad for Krum about needing the stitches, I did feel sorry for him at one point during the evening. As I mentioned, Patty is Krum's ex-girlfriend, at one point while she was literally sticking the needle into Krum's head she was talking about their relationship and how Krum had broke her heart. That is a pretty uncomfortable chair to be sitting. Regardless it was fun to be there and witness the whole thing. So here are some pictures.

Krum with his bandage and pain killers.

Me assisting Patty. I take this surgery thing pretty seriously.
Krum getting a shot.
Krum taking a different kind of shot.Stitch number one. Please note the needle nose pliers that were probably taken from a tackle box.I am going to my cousin's football game this weekend, at UW Whitewater plays at UW Eau Claire. As you may remember the last game the last Whitewater football game I went to, I got thrown out of. Lets hope things go a little better Saturday. Either way there will be pictures.

No comments: