Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend Update

My weekend really couldn't have gone much better. Friday I got back home and met up with Jay and we went to Oakland Gyros for dinner. Fantastic. I was so happy to go there. Then later that evening, we went over to Nate's. Justus and Eric met us there. Justus has been shooting his mouth off raving about his ping pong skills. I quickly shut him up. I would say over the course of the evening I must have played Nate and Justus a combined 20 games. Of the two, only Nate was able to manage to beat me once. As I told Nate that night, his mom might have bought that table for him, but I still own it. That is until Krum comes to town. Nate, Eric and I went to a bar around 1 in the morning to play some darts. I would like to again mention to Nate what a fabulous idea it was to get a pitcher of beer 15 minutes before bar time. Saturday morning, I was up pretty early and got my lawn cut. That was a major accomplishment for the weekend that I didn't think I was going to get in. Then I went to my nephew, Nick's and then my nephew, Ethan's soccer games. After those games I went to my parent's house for their party. I got to watch the Badgers lose and then I was able to get in a good hour or two of sheepshead in. Around 5:30 I left to go to my friend, Pretzel's, wedding. Pretzel and I played volleyball together a while ago. And we have done a couple triathlons together in the past. Now we just run the Bastille Days run. And other than her wedding that is unfortunately the only time I get to see her. I left that wedding shortly after dinner and went to my friend, Rebecca's cousin, Abby's wedding. At one point in the reception, just before the first dance, Abby grabbed the microphone and sang to her new husband, Chris. From what I was told, Abby tried to sing during the service but couldn't stop crying. I always tell people it is OK for the couple getting married to cry during the service. You know that they mean it then. Anyhow, now that Abby had a couple of drinks in her, she was a little more composed and it was absolutely amazing. Abby is a great singer. In a room of 250 people, you could have heard a pin drop while she was singing. Without a doubt that performance would have won American Idol. One of the coolest things I have seen at a wedding reception. Way better than any singing performance I have ever given. Sunday on my way back up to Minnesota, I stopped by the General, Topher and Diane. We went out for breakfast. Here was the highlight of my day. We were sitting in a booth, Diane and Topher one side, and the General and I on the other. While we were waiting for our food, a waitress passed by and comment on how cute Topher was. Topher has blue eyes and has grown out some blonde hair. I said to the waitress, "Can you tell which one of us is the father?" The waitress said to me "Are you kidding, he looks just like you." Well here are some photos.
Pickle in action. He had better be good, his parents have a combined 6 years of varsity soccer experience. Auggie with his game face. Nick posing for his soccer picture. Ethan after his hard fought loss to an all girls team. Pretzel and Erin. Ness, Butch, Rebecca and Angela. Abby and Rebecca. Abby singing, so cool.
Ness and I dancing. I told her she was the fourth best dancer out there.Rebecca and Chris.The big dip with Ness.Here are dancers, numbers 1, 2 and 3. The one girl just kept on wanting to dance with me.
The General, with Topher.Diane and Topher.

No comments: