Friday, September 01, 2006

Odd Ramblings

Here is just a posting that is more odd rambling than anything else. First I would like to thank all of my loyal readers. I checked my site meter and in August we set an all new high for page visits. Thank you. I woke up this morning excited about getting done with work so I could get on with my trip to Cleveland. I was in the shower watching TV and I saw a beer commercial for Coors. It showed a train going through a corn field and a bunch of people in the corn field all drinking beer. Then it showed some aliens drinking beer as well. What do you think the effects of alcohol would be on aliens if there were such a thing as aliens? You would think they would get drunk right? E.T. got drunk. But the aliens in “Signs”, their skin would burn if it came into contact with water. Beer is mostly water. I am sure Sigourney Weaver wished she had a half barrel with her. What about Predator? Predator is an alien, right? I think Predator would be a belligerent drunk. If you got Predator hooked on booze it would only be a matter of time before Predator was on “Cops” wearing a dirty wife beater, missing teeth and drinking a 40 out of a brown paper bag. I ended up getting to work and I did some research for my trip. I needed to figure how to get from the airport to my hotel. I didn’t know that Cleveland had a subway. Did you? Apparently the red line goes right from the airport to downtown. I also learned that there is going to be an air show going on at Cleveland’s lake front all weekend. That should make finding a parking lot space by the stadium fairly interesting. I talked to my buddy Gibby last night about the trip. I think I am only one of the few that is flying into Cleveland. Most are driving and coming prepared. Gibby told me that we should have 25 cases of beer for 11 guys. That sounds a little absurd. But upon hearing this I decided to pack my beer bong. I was also so excited at work this morning that I realized that working a full day just wasn’t going to happen. So I asked my boss if I could take a half day. He said sure. Now I guess I can watch part of the Packers last preseason game. Not that it matters. And while I am on the topic of football, wasn’t it great to see meaningful football on TV last night. I spoke with my brother-in-law last night. He informed me that he is officially off the Brewers band wagon. I guess 7 straight loses will do that to you. I agreed with him. But I did have the Brewer game on last night in a small window in the corner of my TV with picture in picture. Here is my last rambling for the day. I am planning on checking my bag at the airport, and here are my only carry on items: my digital camera, MP3 player, cell phone and Gameboy. Could I take any more electronics with me? The batteries are charged in my camera, so expect some good images from this weekend. Go Bucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This segment of your blog was very gay. Don't ever ramlbe again. Got it?

Rickie Davies said...

How about spelling? Should I worry about that?