Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lost and Forgotten Story

Last weekend while I was at Bob's wedding, as is so often the case when I get a couple of beverages in me, I got around to telling some stories. I made it a point to go to the bar and get a pen and napkin and actually write this one down to share with all of you. This is yet again another General story. I think this one goes back 2 or 3 years when the General and his lovely wife then girlfriend, Diane, lived in sin in Waukesha. I was out by my parents and by my sister that evening. I was driving back to Milwaukee but thought I would stop in and say hi to the General since he lived rather close to my sister. If my memory serves me correct, I believe I had even called the General earlier in the day and said that I might stop by that night. I pulled into the parking lot and walked up to their apartment. Before ringing the doorbell, I took a look inside the apartment through the little window at the top of the door. I could see that just the TV was on. I rang the door bell while still looking through the window. All I saw was this figure jump off of the couch and run into the bedroom. I waited 30 seconds or so, still no one comes to the door. Then I ring the doorbell again. Still nothing. I bang on the door. Again nothing. I yell "General, Diane, I know you are in there, I saw you!!" I pretty much repeated this for a good 4 or 5 minutes absolutely amazed that they were not answering the door. As you may have guessed, the General and Diane were practicing for when they would make their son, Topher. Diane ran into the bedroom and the General was lying out of view on the couch naked as the day he was born. Still under the circumstances I find it highly shocking that they would not answer the door. I have since talked to the General and he asked me what he was supposed to do since he didn't have any clothes on. This is the same guy, who when in college would always, and I emphasize always, walk out of the bathroom after taking a shower with nothing on but flip flops and a towel draped over his shoulder. Then he would proceed to walk up to anyone in the room and talk about stocks or his bunions and occasionally put his foot up on the couch and scratch the underside of his leg. This little bit he called "Old man in the locker room". Yet he still didn't answer the door, but I know that I would have. But this leads me into my poll question what would you do?
If a friend of yours comes to the door while you are bumping uglies, what do you do?
Run into the bedroom or pretend you aren't home.
Throw on something quick and answer the door.
Answer the door as is, wearing absolutely nothing.
Invite them in and ask them to man the video camera.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old Man in the locker room, I"ve told peeps about that. Also he would wear the towel up like a girl would wear it. Very Funny Guy That Stegall!!