Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another Useless Blog

I came home for lunch today at noon and I was flipping through the channels. I caught some college football highlights. And I have to say, I am more than ready for football season to start. I love it when there is a college football game on tv on a Wednesday or Thursday night. And to put the gravy on top of the cherry on top of the sundae, in 30 days I will be going to the Badger Game in Cleveland, Ohio against Bowling Green. I am pretty excited about that. I am going with my old roommate, Joe, and a bunch of his college buddies. I went out to West Virginia with them 3 years ago and it was just a blast. If you think I am crazy, just wait. They get way out of hand. This leads me to an old story. It was on this trip out to West Virginia and we actually stayed in Pittsburgh. There was this one guy, Shooter. Crazy. I have never run into a guy like him before. He was buying everyone drinks, he ate a handful of Tums (that can't be good for you), he was drinking out of his own shoe, he had a trick finger that he could pull out of socket. A real piece of work and a blast to be around. We went to a Pittsburgh Pirates game on this particular day. And watching Shooter try to scalp a ticket was hylerious. I have never seen someone get a scalper so mad in my life. Normally the scalper is the one frustrating the person buying the ticket, but not with Shooter. We eventually got into the game, but then most of the group left by the 5th inning and went to a bar. I was with Joe, and we showed up at the bar at around the 7th inning. By the time we go there most of the group was just trashed. After a couple more drinks we decided to head back to the hotel. We left in two groups, I was with the first group. As we were walking back we had to walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge. I had the brainstorm to climb the bridge. Probably not the smartest idea in the world. Anyhow I started climbing the bridge and they were telling me not to. I ignored them until someone said, "Get down, because if Shooter sees you doing that he will start climbing up there." I thought for sure that if Shooter tried climbing the bridge he would fall into the river. So I got down. I was just about off the bridge when Shooter saw me. He jumped over the barrier and started climbing the other side of the bridge. You can mark this one up as being my fault. We yelled at him to come down. I even started climbing up after him, but he only climbed higher. After 15 minutes of yelling at him, and having Shooter throw his clothes and shoes at us, we decided if we just left he would come down. So we started to leave and sure enough Shooter came down by himself. We were nearly all the way across to the other side of the bridge when a cop on a motorcycle came pulling up. Asking who was up on the bridge, we said "No one." He said that someone on the other side had told him that it was Shooter. He puts Shooter aside and starts yelling at him. Over the next 15 mintues, a squad car pulled up, then an ambulance, two more squad cars, a fire truck, three boats were circling in the river and then a police helicopter flew over head. I was absolutely amazed at the forced that showed up just because someone climbed the bridge. Needless to say I am excited about going to Cleveland. And last I check they have a couple bridges down by the downtown bar area. I will get them up when I can. Trust me they are good. Here are some photos from the trip to Pittsburgh.

Shooter drinking out of his shoe.

Shooter's finger.Shooter climbing up Roberto Clemente Bridge.

Oh and here was some girl throwing up right outside the hotel.

No comments: