Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Don't Even Bother Reading This

This could be the most mindless posting I have ever put on my blog, but the Brewers are losing so I have nothing better to do. Today is the 5th day in a row that I have had a rootbeer float. This always seems to happen to me. I do something once and I get hooked on it. I guess that would make me a creature of habit. Saturday when I was down at Germanfest, it was swelteringly (I think that is a word, it passed spell check, so it is a word. Actually an adverb describing what kind of hot it was.) hot, and I wasn't in the mood for a beer. I saw a soda stand and as I approached I noticed that they were selling rootbeer floats for $6, what a bargain. So I got one. Then on Sunday I went grocery shopping and I normally don't walk down the soda and chip isle because there isn't a single healthy item in that isle, but the 2 liters of rootbeer were right on the end and I bought one. I ran out of rootbeer yesterday, so today after working out, I stopped and bought another 2 - 2 liter bottles of rootbeer. I think I am hooked. Maybe once this heatwave is over I will stop drinking them. Then again once it gets cold, then I find myself hooked on hot chocolate. I suppose there are worse problems. I would also like to comment on an observation I had today while shopping for rootbeer. As I said I just finished working out, I was at Ballys. I normally go on Wednesdays because the Brewers dance team practices on Wednesdays and Sundays. It is sad that I know that but it is true. So I try to make it both of those nights, since those are the only two nights that their is anything worth looking at. As I was saying I went to the store after working out and I still had by MP3 player on, so I was listening to that while in the store. And I have to admit, I rather liked it. I am going to make it a point to where it whenever I go grocery shopping. I was also happy to see that the store in West Allis has self checkout lanes. It is amazing how far was have come as a society, that I can now go to the store and buy rootbeer with out having to talk to a single person. Not that I am antisocial. It is just that I have noticed that I rarely run into a cashier who says "Hello, How are you?" and that actually mean it. They always seem so disinterested in you, and act like it is a chore to deal with you. Sorry but that is your job. For the record, I used to a stockboy when I worked at Super John's grocery store. And I also performed some work as a cashier. And I believe that even on my worst days, I was way more cheerful than any of the cashiers that I run into. Not to mention I was much faster. Well if you read to the end of this I commend you. This was just one long rambling after another. And the Brewers are still losing. But Nate just called and he is on the way over with my Playstation 2. I have to go and make myself another rootbeer float.
Did you read this posting?
No, I listened to you.
Yes, I should have listened to you. I wish I could have the last 2 minutes back.
Of course not, I don't read anything you write, I just look at the pictures.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

3 comments:

Rickie Davies said...

Funny, my opinion on the MP3 player while shopping got me booted off of your blog. Nice work. You communist. It is hard not to notice when 20 good looking girls are in the club when there are normally none.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. Well... I'm retired and have no life!

Anonymous said...

Well, Sunday Aug 6th is Nat'l Root Beer Float Day (for real) so this is actually a timely blog.