Friday, August 18, 2006

5 Minute Meeting

I have had something of a busy week at work. I am sort of getting down to the end here, and I need to finish projects up and get prepared for my move to Minnesota. Wednesday night I went to see Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby with Nate, one of his friends from Williams Bay, and all three Klinks. Shocking as it may sound, Justus was late. Anyhow, I am known for being rather hard on movies. But I actually liked this one. I didn’t find any particular part all that incredibly funny, but it had me giggling throughout. So I highly recommend going. I even said to Preston afterwards that I would pay to see it again in the theater, it would have to be a matinee but I would go see it again. This leads me to Thursday. Thursday I had a meeting in Prescott, Wisconsin for my bridge project. This meeting was required in the contract and the purpose of the meeting was to discuss the project with area residents and business owners to address any of their concerns. I sent out letters three weeks ago for the meeting and had the City of Prescott alert the local business owners about it. I had talked to the City of Prescott earlier in the week and they told me that they had received a number of phone calls from people regarding this project. Well Thursday morning, I drove the 5 hours up to Prescott. There is no real direct route to Prescott and the drive across on highway 10 goes through about 6 small towns. The meeting was set for 3:00. Before starting the meeting we waited 10 minutes or so in case anyone was running late. The attendance for the meeting was a representative from the City of Prescott Public Works, the Chief of Police for Prescott and two guys from the Prime Contractor’s company. The meeting started at 3:10 and was over at 3:15. Then I jumped in my truck and drove another 5 hours back to Milwaukee. Brutal. And a pretty big waste of time.

No comments: