Tuesday, June 05, 2007

34 Years Old

Yes, yesterday was my birthday. I turned 34 years old. Although at my party my cousin's wife, Katie, told me that she thought I was much younger than 34. Then on Sunday I played soccer with a new team in Appleton. When I told them how old I was, they were shocked. Most of them thought I was still in my 20's. It must have had something to do with my play since I was the backbone of the defense that secured a 4-1 victory.
But Monday morning brought me back to reality. As it was my first outdoor game in 2 or 3 years, my body was very sore. In fact I had to ice my ankle both Sunday night after the game and then again Monday afternoon.
I was happy to celebrate my birthday Monday with possibly the best present I got this year. It was raining most of the day and my contractor decided to call it at day around 10:00 in the morning. Which effectively meant that I was calling it a day at 10:01 in the morning. I was able to go home take a nap and spend the majority of the day resting and relaxing on the couch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy I hope you got some heavy petting in??

Anonymous said...

ps Happy b-day