Monday, June 04, 2007

The Antonio Freeman Party

I think it is safe for me to call the 6th Annual Antonio Freeman Party a success. The weather cooperated. I would like to thank a couple people specifically for helping out. Justus, for doing the cooking, everything was great. All of my family, my parents, sister, brothers and in-laws for bringing all that they contributed to party and helping out where they did. The girls from Minnesota for blowing up the balloons that I eventually did not even use, but the kids enjoyed them. Annie for helping out. Thank whomever put all of the food away at the end of the night. Thanks to everyone who brought food to share. I would like to also thank everyone who did bring me a present for my birthday. As always, it was unnecessary but highly appreciated. The only person required to bring me a present is my mom with peanut butter cookies.

I would again like to apologize for leaving my own party, but when I did leave around 9:00 it looked like everyone was still having a good time. The wedding was fun, and I doubt too many of you missed me while I was gone.


Also I have a couple of sarcastic thank yous. To the smokers to threw their cigarette butts in the yard after I asked them not to, thanks. They were fun to pick up yesterday. And lastly thank you to my friend Liz, who for the second year in a row called me up at 3 in the morning and showed up at my house with a complete stranger. Then managed to wake up everyone in my house that was sleeping. Classy.


Here are the pictures that I have from the event.

The kids before the relay games.

Here I am explaining the rules to the kids and the adults. As stated a number of times during the games, I am judge, jury and executioner. Life is not fair and sometimes, I am not either.
The adults relay teams. I love this picture because you can see Nate stretching out.
The team pictures.

Here are my parents in the Senior Division water balloon toss.
The winners of the open division water balloon toss. Dawn and The General. It pains me to see The General win. I was later told by more than one person that they consider The General to be a cancer on their relay team and the inclusion of him on any relay team is an instant recipe for a loss. No objections with that statement here. Lindsey beating out Pickle for the kids musical chair trophy.

Congratulations to all of the winners.

I didn't get the kids relay team winners.

The adult relay team of Eric, Doug, Nate, Ryan, Jodi, Kim, Sherman and Maas who came in from Nashville, took a break from the wedding to take home the hardware.

The Senior Division Water Balloon Toss: Annie and Gordy.

The Open Division Water Balloon Toss: Dawn and The General, but I only want to congratulate Dawn.

The Kids Musical Chair Winner: Lindsey

The Female Musical Chair Winner: Liquid Lisa

The Male Musical Chair Winner: Justin, even though before the finals, both of his parents picked his brother Mike to win.

The poor sports award goes to Tom and Sandy for not even playing in the water balloon toss.

Again thanks to everyone for making the party the success that it is. It is the people that make the party, I just get everyone together. And while I think I take a little more grief than is necessary while organizing the games, it still is one of my favorite days. But I have down graded it from being my absolute favorite day of the year. I apologize that I was not able to mingle and talk to more people, but it is a hectic day for me organizing everything. I hope everyone had a good time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ricky!!

the party pix are great

hugs
Sugar Lips

Anonymous said...

Dude, the party was a blast, as usual. Thanks for all of your hardwork. I do take issue with my label as a "cancer," but it does seem to be true. Weird that my relay team never seems to win.

Happy Birthday Ricardo!

Anonymous said...

I only have two things to say to you - 1st - I did not bring that person back to your house - we took a cab to your house for the "so-called" afterbar that was going on - My friend Jill had met him and they jumped in the cab with us to get closer to home - and they sat on your porch while they waited for their ride. 2nd - you are lucky Rickie - very lucky that I didn't call the police after what happened. Classy - yeah - isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Take Care!

Rickie Davies said...

Liz,
I have two things to say to you and then I am done discussing the issue.
First, go ahead and call the cops, I am sure they would be happy to issue you and Jessica a ticket for disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct for banging on my door and yelling outside my house at 3:00 in the morning. I have no idea what they would say about you sexually harassing me, but it probably wouldn't have been a positive outcome for you.
Second, if you come into my house and act like a child you will be treated like a child.

Anonymous said...

What did we all miss? Police? Sexual harrasment?

Anonymous said...

sounds like some people need to talk to each other directly rather than through this blog

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at the party. I can't believe that I who can't even catch a cold, won the water balloon toss. Thanks again for a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great party Rickie!!! Good times were had by all:)