Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brady's Birthday in FLA

I was down in Florida this past weekend. It was my old roommate, Truz, his son's baptism and 1st birthday. It has been weird to see my friends transforming over the last couple of years. It used to be we would get together and it was all about us and having a good time. Now it is all about the kids and making sure that the kids have a good time. Which is fine with me, I am used to it with my family. Friday we (Eric, Tammy and I) got into Tampa. Julie told Tammy that we should meet Julie at Julie's dad's place. When we got there, Julie wasn't there, surprise surprise. We went to a place down by the Gulf and had lunch. Julie was going to meet us there but surprise surprise, she never showed. Anyhow outside of the bar where we had lunch I got this picture. I hear there is any opening for the crocodile hunter's job. I think I would be perfect.After lunch we went back to Julie's dad's place, where we stayed all weekend. He has a great place right on the inter coastal waters with a pool. Here I am mid-dive. Sorry Tree, but I just didn't want to swim with my shirt on. Here is Truz's dad drinking a Manhattan and sporting my Uni-Bomber glasses.
Nate and Michel's son, Elery.
Here is Truz and his son, Brady.
Julie got a inflatable jumpy thing for the kids to jump around in, but of course the adults had to go inside. Here is Andy's mom at the bottom of the slide.
Nate, myself, Eric and Truz.
Michel, Nate, Tammy, Julie, Eric (in back), Truz, myself, Linda and Brady in front.
Saturday night as we were sitting around the pool, we were tossing around the balls for the pool basketball set and one ball hit the table and knocked a wine glass to the ground that shattered. I am sure it was one of the wine glasses that the guys were drinking out of. We thought that we had cleaned up all of the glass bits, but I was able to find on shard of glass with the bottom of my foot. Here is Nate performing a little surgery on my foot. I am pretty sure that that knife was sterile. On the way home I got this picture in the Tampa airport. I have no idea who this statue is. I looked but didn't see any information about it. But I got the picture anyhow.

I would just like to address one issue that continues to pop up in my life. And that is my drinking, it again came up this weekend and it is starting to bother me. I had a poll a while back and for the most part people don't think I have a drinking problem. I will say that yes I am still the same binge drinker that I was in college. Big deal. Later Saturday night, when there weren't any kids around, I decided to shotgun a couple of beers while sitting around the pool. What is the problem with that? Somehow Julie found about about this and Sunday morning she questioned me about this and was not very impressed. However, hours later after the baptism and brunch, when we were back sitting around the pool. I had decided that I did not want to drink at all on Sunday. Julie comes up to me and asks me why I am not drinking and is giving me as hard of a time about not drinking as she was earlier about shot gunning beers the night before. Do me a favor, pick a stance and stick with it. My family has an issue with this too. Often we have family get togethers on a Sunday and I don't drink. Do me a huge favor and just leave me alone. If you really think I have a problem, make sure you have all of your information correct before making any accusations. People in glass houses should not throw rocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, I think you are an alcoholic and you should seek help immediately.

I am really worried about you.

Rickie Davies said...

Is that a fact?

Make sure you look in the mirror first before you make such a statement.

Anonymous said...

Rickie, I don't think in any way that you have ever even came close to a drinking problem. You're as far away from an alcoholic as possible.