Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rotten Kids

With of the kids being around me this weekend, it got me to thinking about what sort of child I was. As a whole, I would say that myself along with my brothers were all pretty bad. I have no idea how my parents were able to raise us, and for the most part we all turned out pretty well. My mom absolutely dreaded taking us as a group shopping. I can remember going to Brookfield Sqaure and we would beg my mom to buy us matchbox cars until she finally gave in. We would get our cars open them up right away and then lay down on the floor 30 or 40 feet apart and wing them back and forth to each other while my mom was in a store. She would come out and the matchbox cars would be flipping over and hitting people in the ankles as they walked by us. We would get yelled at. Later my mom would go into another store and we would go and look at the water fountains. Of course it wasn't long until we started sticking our arms in the water and pulling out coins. My mom would come out of store and yell at us. We run over by her, with our shirt sleeves and pockets soaking wet claiming that we weren't taking any coins out of the fountains. How my parents did it I will never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people had a lot more patience in the 70s since they weren't all multi-tasking.

Anonymous said...

You Mom is a saint.... everyone knows that.