Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Update

Yes I waited until Wednesday to give you this past weekends update. I am trying to stretch things out since nothing happens during the week.

Friday night I headed home. I had a bunch of errands to run but eventually ended up at my brother, Jon's. I kicked the soccer ball around with my nephews. Then we went to a fish fry with my parents, aunt, uncle, my sister, brother in law and cousins. My other cousin, Kim, was waitressing at the restaurant that night. So we went to give her a hard time. Friday night I ended sleeping over at Jon's place. Since I am renting out my house now, I have turned into quite the nomad when I come home. So if you live in the area, be prepared for a phone call asking if I can crash on your couch. Saturday morning I kicked the soccer ball around a little more with my nephews and then in the afternoon I headed out to Sun Prairie for The General's son's birthday party. Topher turned 1. What turns has my life taken recently where I have gone to 2 1st birthday parties in the last month? Sort of sad, but as my friends have settled down and accepted the fates they have choose in becoming parents, I must accept my fate of choosing to have friends who are parents. For me it isn't that big of a deal, I can still act immature and childish without any consequences. I was at The General's until 9 Saturday night. Then I went to visit Jota, Shelly and Traci in Madison. I and stayed at their place Saturday night. Sunday morning, Jota and I made breakfast, then I headed back to my brother' Jon's, place. His high school friend was stopping by with his 3 kids. I always enjoy seeing Mr. Nevermann so I made the trip. Steve and his wife, Debbie, have 3 kids, 2 are twin girls. They are cute, but boy do they seem like a handful. As they were preparing the leave, the one girl just had a total meltdown. It is amazing the parents can just tune out the crying. Me I was laughing because, well I find it funny and I am thankful that that isn't my problem. But I just think to myself, no way. I don't think I could deal with it. As for the remainder of my Sunday, I drove back up to Appleton then played the worst soccer game I have played in at least 10 years or so.

Here are the pictures from the weekend. Kim waiting on her table of 15 all of whom were family. I sure hope someone else threw in for the tip, because I didn't. That was because the service was slow and the food cold. Just kidding Kim. Everything was fine, but now I expect the same treatment on the 4th. For those interested in having Kim, who is newly engaged, wait on their table, she can be found working at the Water Street Brewery in Delafield. Just ask for Kim's section and say that I sent you. She looks like she is having fun.The Stegall compound. Don't worry, there will soon be another picture of it after Tree and I toilet paper it. Trust me it will be happening.


The General having some trouble eating his son's birthday cake. Truz had the same problem down in Florida. Weird.Look at The General. Here playing a little sprinkler ball with Topher. Save this picture in your mental hard drive once it is time to vote for Father of the Year. Topher Stegall. This is the look that he gave after I asked him if he thought his dad was going to finish in fourth place in fantasy football again this year. I will take that as a big "Yes".Here is Steve's daughter having one of her three meltdowns Sunday afternoon. I am sure most of you are aware of the long pauses that kids have between when they first start to cry and when the first noise comes out. That is pretty much the time when the kids are sucking all of the air possible so they can really let out a long ear splitting cry. Well Steve's daughter, and I apologize because I can't tell the two of them apart, anyhow she had one of the longest pauses I have ever seen. You can see Pickle in the background even thinks it is funny.This one goes out to Tree. I know he has a man crush on me and likes to see me with my shirt off. I was having the kids jump over the noodle. You can see Ethan just cleared this one. The funny thing is that I wasn't even flexing.Here is Pickle getting some pretty big air. Even though it was proven that his younger brother, Ethan, can jump farther.

No comments: