Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dentist

As I have mentioned lately I have a number of issues. My clothes stink especially after I work out. My baseball hats smell pretty bad. And now in looking back, during my college days I neglected my teeth a little too much. I still don't think my teeth are that bad. But I went to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday. Going in, I knew that I had a bit of a hole between two of my molars and I also knew that I had part of a filling fall out. I got my teeth cleaned and had to make two appointments, one to fix the hole and one to fix the filling. As I was leaving and making my next appointments, they mentioned to me that they had a cancellation and I could take the spot if I wanted. I ended up being at the dentist for 2 hours. Not really as much fun as I had expected. Here are three quotes I heard while I was having my dental work done.
"Did you say 110% over bite?" Said by the assistant as the orthodontist gave me my cleaning exam.

"Is that a crack?" Asked the assistant referring to one of my molars while they were fixing the hole.

"That doesn't bother you?" The dentist asked me about the tooth that I chipped back when I had my rollerblading accident. Apparently the dentist didn't do all that great of a job repairing that tooth 13 years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the sound of the drill the most. Just hearing that noise makes my teeth vibrate and ache.
My wife, Heather, swears by the nitrous. So last time I went to the dentist I asked for it and the dentist gave me a wierd look. She reluctantly said ok and then the magic carpet ride started. It was like a suckin' on a balloon at a Dead concert. All in all, I highly recommend the NO2.

Pearly Whites
aka Tree