Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend Update

It was a pretty busy weekend for me. Let me just get to the pictures. Friday on my way home from Appleton, I stopped by Children's Hospital to lift the spirits of my niece, Erin, who had fallen off of a table and broke her arm in three places. I did manage to get her to smile for this picture. She had a couple rough days, but I saw her yesterday and she appeared to be doing fine.
Friday night I went out to dinner with my uncle Walt, aunt Charlie, aunt Marilyn, mom, uncle Dave, and my dad. We went to Water Street Brewery for a fish fry, my cousin, Kim, was working her last night of serving there before she headed back to Madison for school.
Saturday I went to my cousin, Mike's, football game. He plays for Whitewater and they kicked the crap out of Lakeland College, 41-7. Here is my uncle Dave, with a couple of bloody mary's tailgating before the game.Here is Mike in action. He is the starting left tackle. You can see him here with a kick out block. I don't know Mike, I think I see a little bit of holding with your right arm.After the football game, I stopped by my brother, Dan, to watch some more college football. Here is his son, Josh.
Saturday night while I was watching football with Dan, his wife, Jody, came home with tickets for the Brewer game on Sunday. We quickly talked her into staying home with the kids rather than going to the game. This freed up a ticket for me. Here I am tailgating before the game. I took off my shirt because it was hot and Tree likes it. I am shootgunning a beer here with my brother in law, Tim. I easily won.
Nate and Michel were also at the game with a big group. I met them in the parking lot. And here is our group picture. Here is your mother of the year photo. Michel pushing her son, Elery, while drinking wine. Call Social Services.
It was really hot in the sun. So for the first three innings of the game I sat with Nate and Michel's group. When the shadows finally hit the seats that Dan had I headed down there. They were great seats, 14 rows behind the visitors dugout. Here is Prince Fielder just after hitting a home run. I was a little disappointed in myself, because I have a similar picture of Ryan Braun, but it is about a half a second too soon.
Prince crossing the plate.After the game I had to go and get a picture with "The Doorman". If you watch the Brewers at all, he is the guy who is always in the picture when they show the batters. He has seats right by the entrance to the visitor's dugout. I talked to him a little bit and told him that he is the Brewer equivalent to Freeway for the Bucks.After the Brewers game I headed out to Sun Prairie. My old roommate, Joe, had a golf outing in the morning and then a cookout afterwards. Here is Jota.
The Stegall family showed up later and The General's son, Topher was the most popular person there. Here is Melon with Topher.
Joe and Topher.
Roman with his angry face. Is this going to be Roman's Christmas card this year? Here is Jota's wife, Shelly, sporting my Elvis glasses.
At the end of the night, the host, Joe, is just to tired to play Nintendo Wii. It was the first time I got to play the addicting game. I found it pretty frustrating, yet fun.
And then to round out my weekend, I had my fantasy football draft Monday afternoon. I can't foresee how I don't only retain my Super Bowl Championship, but also win the regular season. I had a posting a couple months ago about my favorite day of the year. Well I can say that so far this was one of my best weekends of the year. I was constantly on the move and I had a lot going on. A couple of thank yous to a number of people. The Shermans, for inviting me out for fish and to Mike's game, as well as the cookies. Although Kim, the CDs you gave with Eagle River pictures on them were blank. Jody, for not going to the Brewer game with the kids and allowing me to have a ticket. Nate and Michel for letting me sit with your group for a while. Bubs and Joe, for letting me crash at your places. Deb for allowing us to have the draft at your house. And lastly I would like to thank Tree and The General for absolutely nothing, you are both worthless.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There go those delusions of grandeur again. My team will sodomize yours. If I were you, I'd be worried about the playoffs.

Last year you were lucky. First the MiG, then you slide into Cougar's spot...You won't be able to do that with only 4 teams making the playoffs.

The playoffs are for the top 40% of all fantasy football players. The elite. The Best of the Best.
I'll make you better...

-Bubs (call sign viper)

Rickie Davies said...

If you were me, you would be worried about the playoffs and have hair.

And I didn't slide into Cougar's spot, it was mine all along.

The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room. And there are two "O"'s in Goose boys.