Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Update

If you read my blog last Friday, you would have been under the impression that I was going to have a very boring weekend. But things changed rather rapidly. At 3 in the afternoon my brother in law, Tim, called me and said that he had an extra ticket to the Badger Game. Every year, Tim goes with his buddy, Todd, on a bus to the Badger game. Todd had to back out at the last minute and the ticket was already paid for. I had no choice but to go. Knowing that I was going to the Badger game, I called my cousin, Kim who goes to school at Madison, I called Kim to see if she was going to the game. She said yes, but that Friday night she was going to the Brewer Game. I was then calling around to see who might be around Friday night. Nate called me back and said that he was working, but had some extra tickets that were already paid for. I had no choice but to go. Nate ended up meeting me in the seats and I got to watch the last 5 innings with Nate. Which was a good thing, because since he was sick the entire weekend we were camping, I really didn't get much of a chance to talk with him. Here are the pictures from the weekend. As I showed up in the parking lot at Miller Park before the game, the Sherman's were in full party mode. Jake even brought his beer bong. When I got there, I did a double beer bong right away. The beer was still cold and it was the first beer I had had in a week. This is not the right way to begin your night of drinking. I nearly refunded those beers. Here is Kim before her fourth beer bong of her life.Justin, Jake and Kim. Tim had called me back and mentioned that there was also another ticket available for the Badger game. I quickly started twisting Justin's wrist to get him to come along. I will be honest, it didn't take a lot of twisting to get Justin to go.After the Brewer game, in which they lost, we got a group photo. I still say that they should have caught that double by Adam Dunn in the 8th. A poor effort on that play in my opinion.Tim told me to bring my beer bong along for the tailgate party. Here I am showing the kids how it is done.I forget this girls name. But she a bit of a rock star. She was partying pretty hard before the game and was visibly intoxicated. She saw me with the beer bong and slurred out the words that she wanted to do one. To which her boyfriend objected her doing one. She was upset with his disapproval of her drinking more and retorted back with "Listen, Faggot!!! I will drink as much as I want!!!" Easily the funniest thing I heard prior to the game.Even Tim go into the drinking a beer bong. My buddy, Joe, showed up by us for a beer or two. We had got to talking and he reminded me of one of my less bright moments at a Badger game. We were at a bar near Camp Randall after the game, and I think this was the night that we went to see Matthew Sweet play at a bar close to downtown. Joe and I didn't want to walk downtown and couldn't find a cab. I decided it would just be a good idea to run out into traffic and jump on car hoods until one finally stopped and gave us a ride. Oddly enough it only took two cars before we got a ride. Still not very smart.At half time Justin and I called Kim and Jake who were sitting in the student section. Kim told me that they had a couple of open seats next to them and they ended up sneaking us into the student section. This was the first Badger Game that I have actually been inside the stadium for in at least 3 or 4 years. And getting into the student section is always more fun than any other section. Since this was Justin's first ever Badger Game, I was happy to help get him into the student section as well. It helped to round out the total Badger Game experience.Here is Justin in the student section.Jake (a.k.a. Tom Brady, because I think Jake looks like Tom Brady), and Kim in the student section.After the game we went back to the bus where they were grilling out. I happened to notice this girl in the middle of our tailgate party. She was apparently the niece of someone who was on the bus. I saw her past out and had to go and take a picture of her. She looks like she had just fallen off a building. But being the good person that I am, I was the one who got her up off of the ground and into a chair between two buses to pass out.Earlier this summer I was up in Eagle River with the Sherman's and I took this picture. You can see Jake (Tom Brady) in the back ground. I like to call this the Tom Brady for President Pose. So with this girl passed out, I made everyone do the Tom Brady for President Pose with her. Here is Justin. Look at how happy Justin is.Shockingly this is not the first time I have taken advantage of someone in a alcohol induced coma.Even Kim got in on the act.Even though we were taking pictures of this girl, please remember, I was the one who got her up off of the ground and then helped carry her to a waiting car. Not flexing.Look you can tell she is even smiling. And then there is Tim taking a nap on the bus on the ride home. I am sure we won't see this on the Christmas DVD.For a weekend that held very little promise of being exciting it was a lot of fun. I got to see both the Brewers and the Badgers for free. Admittedly I was rather spent when we got back from the Badger Game and I headed straight to Appleton. I spent all of Sunday on the couch watching football. I have a lot of thank yous to people for making my weekend as much fun as it was. Tim, for getting me a ticket to the Badgers. Nate, for tickets to the Brewers. Michel, for letting Nate watch the game with me. Preston, for again letting me crash at his place. The Shermans, for letting me tailgate with them. Joe, for showing up at tailgate party. Kim and Jake for getting me in the student section. Justin, for going to the Badger game. I think that is all, but if I missed someone I am sure they will leave a message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Badger fans, good luck with this bit of information. ha ha.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/randball/?p=1099

-borky