Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Nitrous Oxide

When I was in college, I needed to have my lower wisdom teeth removed. I drove myself to the appointment. And as I sat in the chair breathing in the Nitrous, two things raced through my mind. One: this stuff is great, and I tried to breath in as much as I could. Two: How am I going to get home? They finished up with ripping out my teeth. And gave me a prescription for pain killers. As I was walking out, they asked if I had a ride. I said "Sure, my mom is waiting for me down in the parking lot." I got in the car and drove to the drug store and picked up my drugs and then went home. I recall on the drive home, thinking "Should I really be driving?" then thinking "Who the hell cares? I feel great!" I got home and went to bed. That night I actually played in a league basketball game. Sure I was in a little bit of pain but you can't let the team down. During the game I was going for a rebound and took an elbow to the jaw. Immediately my mouth filled with blood. I just swallowed it all down. I know, pretty disgusting.

This also reminds me of the time my sister in law, Julie, got her wisdom teeth removed. I forget when it was that she had them removed, but for some reason I wasn't working and agreed to pick her up after her appointment. When I showed up, Julie was still all looped up. The dentist gave me her prescription for pain killers and explained a couple things to me. I don't recall really saying much more then "Yes." "O.K." and "Thank you." But to Julie it must have sounded like I was joking around because she explained to her dentist at least 3 or 4 times, "He is my brother in law, he is just a goofball, don't listen to him."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goofball...What kind of word is googball.