Wednesday, April 09, 2008

1/2 Marathon

I am only days away from my first 1/2 marathon this coming weekend in Oshkosh. Tuesday night I pushed it a little bit. 4 miles in 32 minutes. I got a side cramp with a mile to go and struggled through the last mile. Probably not a good sign. I also bought some new running shoes a week ago but they aren't broke in yet and I got blisters on my heals. Another bad sign. I have no doubts that I will be able to finish the race. I am just worried about my time. I would like to average somewhere around 8 to 8:30 minute miles. Finishing in a time of 1:45 to 1:50. I am also concerned a bit about the weather. The forecast for Saturday is as follows: Chance of a few snow showers. High 38, Low 29. Winds out of the North North East at up to 15 miles per hour. Looking up last year's results the overall winner came in with a time of 1:07:50. And last year's the winner of the Clydesdale Division (+200lbs) came in at a time of 1:21:46. I entered the Clydesdale Division hoping to place high, but I doubt that is going to happen. I also doubt that by race time I will be up to 200 lbs.
What will my time be in my 1/2 marathon on Saturday?
You won't show up
You won't finish.
1 hour 44 minutes ( 8 minute miles)
1 hour 50 minute ( 8.5 minute miles)
1 hour 57 minutes ( 9 minute miles)
2 hours 3 minutes (9.5 minute miles)
2 hour 10 minutes (10 minute miles)
Free polls from Pollhost.com

No comments: