Monday, April 28, 2008

A Day of Bowling

Aren't you happy I didn't throw my whole weekend update into one big posting on Monday? Otherwise today you would be reading about me going to the grocery store yesterday. Back to this weekend. Saturday morning I went to Ethan's soccer game. It was too cold for me to get my camera out and take pictures. In the afternoon I scooped up my nephew, Zack, and niece, Sarah, then got my other nephew, Jared, and nieces, Lindsey and Erin, and took them all bowling. It was for Sarah, Jared and Erin's birthday. I used to take them birthday shopping for their birthday, but that has turned into a big waste of money because they just buy crap. Now I just take them out for an afternoon to do whatever they would like. While I was at my brother, Jeff's, house his son, Zack, wanted me to take pictures of him in the basement jumping off a trampoline over this bus. I thought it would be nice to get the picture, that way when he broke his leg, I could show the doctor how it happened. But Zack made the jump without injury.This coming weekend will be my niece, Sarah's, birthday party. My sister in law, Sue, would like to have the floor redone in the downstairs bathroom before the party. Here is my brother, Jeff, making the claim that the bathroom will be done by Saturday. I am sure that we will have a good time Saturday afternoon watching this video if in fact the floor is not done.

Here is my newest nephew, Joey Jeffery.

Of course I bowled with the kids as well. I won the first game with a 105. Lindsey had the top score of the kids. The kids seemed more excited to allow me to let them take pictures with my camera than to bowl. I had them taking pictures while bowling and they didn't actually get too many that were usable. Here is one that was usable.Here is Sarah while bowling. I think this is one picture that turned out that the kids took.After bowling I took the kids to McDonalds for ice cream. This was the second of three times that Erin had ice cream that day. She had three birthday parties to go to on Saturday. When I was a kid I never had a birthday party nor did I go to many birthday parties.Saturday night was the Championship match for the bowling team comprised of my sister, Deb, brother in law, Tim, Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Dave. I try to make it to at least one night of bowling with them a year. And that fact that this was for the Championship made it even better. Here is my Aunt Marilyn after one of her many strikes.Here is my sister, Deb. As my memory serves this was also a strike.The boys talked a pretty good game, but did they back it up? Maybe uncle Dave did. Here he is.Tim on the other hand started out with a 125. I nearly bettered him when I bowled with the kids, and I was screwing around the entire time. He told me that bowling is a marathon not a sprint. While I have never run a marathon, I did do a 1/2 marathon, and my first mile was my fastest. I don't know if he knows what he is talking about.But at the end of the night, Tim showed off some of his bowling talent. Maybe he should have bowled this was all night. I am not sure I mentioned it, but the last time I bowled against Tim, I beat him rather handily.

The year end picture. They ended up finishing in second for the season. The team they played against had some serious rollers on their team. One guy had a 750 series against them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome t-shirt Rickie.


kmart

Anonymous said...

nice action shot of the kid jumping over the bus!!!

Anonymous said...

Why is the men look really drunk?

Anonymous said...

Great looking bowling team!