Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hypocrite

I truely love when topics come up on my blog, especially from comments, that morf into postings of themselves. For one, it promotes chatter on my blog, which is normally exciting for me to read. And secondly it gives me something to write about.

Here is the situation. I would say, Borky don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't care. Borky take this the wrong way if you want. You are a big boy and if you make a valid argument the other way, you may just change my opinion. I doubt it, but you can try. And Borky if I do leave out any details, please feel free to make the approriate adjustments. Saturday morning I went out to brunch with Borky and Mrs. Borky. Our friend Heidi was going to maybe meet us. She suggested that we go to the "Talk Town Diner". As it turns out the "Talk Town Diner" doesn't open until 10 on Saturdays. We showed up at 9:45. Borky called and left Heidi voice mail giving her a hard time, I told him to ask her "If there were any other places she would like us to go and check out that were closed?" Eventually they opened and we went in and sat down. While we were sitting down Borky mentioned to me how Heidi always cancels on plans. So much so that he had sort of nicknamed her "The Canceller". Just then Mrs. Borky's phone rang. It was Heidi and she was on her way. Once Heidi got there I mentioned how Borky called her "The Canceller" and we all gave Heidi a bit of grief. As you would imagine, if you know Borky at all, he wasn't shy about giving Heidi a few shots himself. The plan for me on Saturday night was to go and see this Johnny Cash cover band. I was meeting a number of different people coming from different areas all at this bar. While I was out to dinner with my friend, K.O., I got the following text message from Borky: "Im staying in to watch a movie w liz 2night. Sorry buddy. Tired." I am fine with Borky staying in. I have been tired and pulled up short on meeting people out. It is rare but it happens. I had spent Friday night and all day Saturday with Borky and frankly I was a bit sick of him, so I was happy that he texted me and "cancelled". Do see the irony here? He was judging Heidi earlier on Saturday because she was cancels on plans, but then he turns around in less than 12 hours and cancels himself.

I left a comment on my blog stating:
"Borky, First you are a hypocrite. I think you need to appologize to Horn. You make a big deal and call her "The Canceller" at brunch Saturday morning and then turn around and do the same thing Saturday night."

Borky has retaliated with the following comment:
"1st of all, I am not a hippocrite. I don't do it all of the time. Only once in a great while. Second of all, I was tired, and wanted to spend some time w/ my lovely bride. Is that so bad? I think not."

According to Dictionary.com
Hypocrite, noun.
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2.a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

I my own mind, I find Borky guilty of being a hypocrite. But as always with my blog I have an open free and democratic forum. All voting is anonymous and any comments that you may deem necessary can be anonymous if you so choose. Here is the poll:
Is Borky a hyocrite?
No, he just critizes one person's actions and then performs those same actions. What is the problem?
Yes, because he critizes one person's actions and then perfroms those same actions.
I still don't know what hypocrite means.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Try Buddy

FYI - If I was the only one going w/ you that night I would have swallowed my tiredness, manned-up and went, but since you were going to be w/ KO, Liquid, Flo and Krum (4 other people) I felt like you had your bases covered and it really did not matter if I went or not. So I felt comfortable with the decision.

Now if you and I were only supposed to go and see the band and I cancelled, then yes, I would be a hipocrite. Meow.

Borky

=)

Rickie Davies said...

I am not questioning the fact that you pulled up short. That doesn't bother me at all.
I am questioning you complaining about someone who often cancels and then cancelling yourself. By doing so that makes you a hypocrite.
Not showing up at the bar, just means you pulled up short.

Woof.

Anonymous said...

You win buddy. Game over for me on this one. I know that's what you wanted to hear out of my meowth.

=)

-Borky

Anonymous said...

You are both correct. Rick for calling it and Borky for spending time with his bride.