Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a good weekend for me. Friday night I headed down back home. But first I stopped in Neenah where my sister and her family was staying for a wedding that weekend. We hung around the pool for a couple hours but I left my camera in my truck and didn't get any pictures. Saturday I had Rebecca cut my hair. Thanks again Rebecca. I owe you a fish fry this coming Friday. Saturday late morning was Ethan's soccer game. Here are some pictures.Here is Ethan being a complete punk and not paying attention to his coach at halftime. Saturday evening was Ethan's First Communion. This is a picture I snapped after Ethan had some wine. It looks like Ethan will probably grow up to be a beer drinker.
Ethan's godparents weren't in attendance. Nancy and I stepped in for the photo ops.
Here is my newest nephew Joey Jeffery. He is getting his trademark Davies cheeks that his brother and sister had.
Abby and Sarah showing off their choppers. I am not paying for those braces. Ethan reading his cards.Sunday was a day I was really looking for. I finally was able to play sheepshead with the boys. And it was nearly my ultimate sheepshead table. All that was missing was TT. I would like to say that I had fun playing cards, but the biggest problem was that everyone else at the table really sucked at cards. I took all of their money. And in fact I left money on the table. This won't mean much to people that don't play sheepshead, but for those that do, I am going to recap the turning point of the afternoon. I had picked twice in a row on marginal hands. In the first game I didn't get a trick, and my partner got our only trick the next game. After which The General decided that he would be cracking me every time I picked before even looking at his own hand. We were playing for dollars and I picked on a doubler. The General cracked without looking at his hand. I had 6 trump and 5 of the top 6 cards. The General had the 10 of diamonds. I cracked back. I ended up taking all of the tricks. That is $1, a doubler is $2, no tricker is $6, crack is $12, re-crack is $24 a person. Roman, Mick and Tree were also in on that hand. I could feel the steam coming out of Tree's ears. So being the generous person that I am, I had those three only pay $6, and made The General pay $24. Out of the goodness of my heart I left $54 on the table. I am sure this personal charity will not be repaid in the future. Here is The General after digging into the pockets for more money. He is quite possibly the worst card player I have ever played against. You can also see in the pictures that Justus has quite a stack of chips in front of him. Here is a sure sign that the apocalypse is upon us, Roman was borrowing money for Justus. Again just one request for my friends before the next time we play, take some lessons.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave is dead in my book. $20 of that $54 is mine and I am coming for it Rick.
Tree

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you this weekend, but duty called. Lets catch a game next time.Dano

Rickie Davies said...

Tree, What are you talking about? I didn't collect on the $54. Just remember that the next time you think about cracking me.

Dan, There are future games in the works. Let me know if you are in.

Anonymous said...

It takes really big stones to crack a guy, on a doubler, without looking. That Stegall guy is my idol!!

Anonymous said...

....so cards at Jon's didn't even get a nod? Whta's up with that??