Thursday, September 11, 2008

Knee Follow Up

A couple things I want to touch on today. First I am ill today. I feel like crap. Yesterday was sort of a long day for me. The contractors on my project decided to pour concrete at 3:30 in the afternoon. That lasted until 5:30. I didn't get home until 6:30. I am coming down with a cold and my knee is still hurting me. I might actually look into getting an MRI done on it and think about getting it fixed. But last night I got home and had just a pounding headache. I grabbed a quick bite to eat. Took a long shower. It is amazing how a shower can make you feel better. Then I went right to bed. I woke up at 11:00 in the evening still with a headache and today isn't much better. I have been blowing snot rockets all morning. I checked the Neil Diamond website and the concert that was suppose to take place this Friday has again been moved to November 4th. So that clears up my weekend to do nothing.

As requested here are some medical photos of the knee and lateral meniscus. And here is a link to give you some more information about the lateral meniscus.
And lastly, I am sure you all know what today is, September 11. Without a doubt the most pivotal day in our country's history in the lat 50 years. I think I can say that. And a day that none of us will ever forget. I don't recall if I talked about this last year or not, but I can remember exactly where I was. I was working for the DOT out on construction on the Highway 57 expansion project watching earth movers form up an intersection. I was listening to it all on the radio.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should come crash my cousin's wedding. All of Stegall's girlfriends will be there.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

After studying the knee pictures, I don't see why a little tear in the miniscus would hurt so much. You must be a sissy. But if you can't handle it, since you can build big bridges, fixing a little knee should be easy. Just get a knife and some superglue and do-it-yourself. No big deal. Give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

To all the people who died on 9/11 We Will Never Forget!!!

Anonymous said...

Rickie,
Since your weekend is cleared up. UWW plays Eau Claire this Saturday at noon in Eau Claire. So feel free to come out. My mom, dad, katie, kim, and jake are all going. Feel free to come if you like.

M.K.A.

Rickie Davies said...

I would relax on the sissy talk. And we don't know that it is a "little" tear. We really don't know what is wrong. I will find out soon enough.

M.K.A.,
Sorry but you will not see me at the Eau Claire game. I like going to your games but I am not driving that far. Plus my body really needs a week of laying on the couch. I will make it to another game don't worry. Plus you never got a penalty for me. I thought you were going to rip off an opposing player helmet and throw it. It you could promise that you would do that, and then point to me in the crowd, then I am there.