Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend Recap

Here is the weekend that was. I worked up in Oshkosh on my bridge. Thursday night I went with my brother, Jon, out for some wings and to watch the Brewer game. Friday morning, I had to meet with my boss to work on a presentation that my company was giving to the DOT. We are looking to get the contract for several construction projects. The funny thing about this presentation, since I am our #1 construction engineer, over half of the presentation was me talking about what a great engineer I am or my boss talking about what a great engineer I am. While I was out for lunch Friday afternoon, Nate called me up asking me if I wanted a ticket to the Brewers Cubs game that night. I couldn't refuse that ticket, after work I hit a liquor store a bought a flask and a 6 pack. I ended up tailgating with a bunch of strangers in the parking lot for about 45 minutes before the game. Then I met up with Nate, Tim and Julie in out seats. It was a fun game to watch and the Cubs fans around us were actually pretty decent. Saturday morning I went to my nieces' soccer games. Fortunately it worked out that both Erin and Abby were playing at the same time, so I caught half of each of their games. But while I was watching Erin, Abby scored and while I was watching Abby, Erin scored. Saturday afternoon, Nate had yet another extra ticket for the Brewers Cubs game. I couldn't turn that ticket down either. Being that I was going with Nate, Michel and Elery we didn't exactly show up right on time. Since the Brewers sucked on Saturday's game I was fine with not showing up on time, and when the Brewers did make their rallies in the 7th and 8th innings I was in my seat. After the Brewer game I was over by my brother, Dan, watching college football all night. Sunday I finally got my butt moving and got some exercise in and went for a bike ride. When I got back from biking, my nephew, Nick, cornered me and asked me why I wasn't going to his soccer game. His game was at noon and I really was set upon watching the Packer and Brewer games on TV. I did go to Nick's game, where his team got schooled 4-0. I did however guilt trip Nick into coming to one of my soccer games. I have joined back up with my old indoor team. First game starts October 22nd. I will be sure to post the schedule here. If you show up to the game, free beer. I guess that is as far as I will go with my exciting weekend. Before I get to the pictures I want to thank a couple of people. First Rebecca, for the haircut Saturday morning. Pick a date and I will buy you dinner. Also a huge thanks to Nate for the hook up on the Brewer tickets.
Here is Seth McClung closing out the game Friday night.Jared sporting my Elvis sunglasses.Josh had to get into the act as well.Erin in her game.Abby in her game.The Hardwicks at Miller Park.Here is Ryan Braun getting stuck in the ribs with a fastball.

No comments: