Monday, September 22, 2008

Prognosis Negative

Well today was the day to see what is wrong with me, or at least my knee. I have an MRI done on my left knee first thing this morning. Right afterwards I had an appointment with my doctor to discuss the MRI. Unfortunately there was a problem with their network computers and while the scanned images were not lost, they could not be brought up for the radiologist to view. I ended up waiting 2 hours while they found my images. I however could not complain about the wait as there was a number of times when I worked for Merge Technologies where I had to find lost images. I could do nothing but wait patiently. Upon finally speaking with my doctor and looking over the images, it appears that I have nothing more than Iliotibial Band Syndrome. I find it very difficult to believe that the pain I have been suffering from is little more than an inflammed / irritated tendon. Maybe "Gutless Turd" was right and I was just being a wuss. My doctor said the with a little physical therapy I should be back up and running in a month or so. And getting back to running can't happen soon enough. With all of my inactivity over the last month, I have started to put on some weight. I need to get that back under control. Anyway it is good news to hear that I should be fixed without having to go under the knife.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay. Now maybe we gan go see Firestorm, Chunnel, or Death Blow!

-Bubs

Rickie Davies said...

Bubs,
Funny you mention movies. I am giving you and Borky an assignment. Review "Burn After Reading". Of course both of you will have to wait until I see it first. I will try to get it in this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Will do...been anxious to see that movie. For some reason Brad Pitt reminds me of Stegall.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear no surgery.
Annie