Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life Goes On

I just wanted to put some closure on this last week before I get back to my normal topics of my blog. Sunday was the wake for Linda. I was unable to make it as my flight home from Minnesota got delayed and then was put into a holding pattern before landing due to the weather in Milwaukee. Yesterday was the funeral. Just a few quick comments on the funeral. First, I was appalled to hear not one, not two, but three cell phones go off during the service at the church. You have got to be kidding me. Extremely disrespectful.
When I first got to the church, two of Linda's kids, Nathan and Kyle came running up to me right away. It was good to see them, and they brought a smile to my face. I do hope that from time to time in the future, I do get to see the boys.
The toughest part of the day was at the cemetery. Seeing Linda's parents holding hands and starring at the casket in front of them. The other tough part was as everyone lined up to bless the casket, and I saw Michel crying as she approached the casket.
After the service at the cemetery there was a balloon release which left things on a positive note. As I walked to my vehicle to leave the cemetery, I saw a number of the kids present laughing, running around and playing the grass and I thought Linda was probably looking down and smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was digusted too!! Cell phones on during church...is it that hard to be disconnected for an hour!! VERY rude!!! It was a hard day but I do believe that Linda was smiling down with her wonderful smile and was touched at all the people that were there in her honor!
-Kim