Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Three Dog Night

Last Thursday after work I headed to Oshkosh. My friends, Mark and Suzanne, usually go to Oshkosh during the summer for the concerts they put on there. Last year I was going to go with them to see the BoDeans, but it got rained out. This past week I met them to see Three Dog Night. The plan was to give them a text once I got inside the amphitheater. But as it turned out, we all walked up to the entrance at the same time. As for the concert, it was surprisingly good. They played everything I wanted to hear. Shambala, One, Joy to the World, Old Fashion Love Song, Celebrate, Never Been to Spain, Mama Told Me Not To Come, etc. Pretty much the greatest hits. I would consider Three Dog Night to be a mid level rock / pop band of the 70s. As I stood there watching these guys, I was thinking "I have quite a few good stories, but each and every one of the guys must have much better stories than me."

Seriously a rock band in the 70's, they have seen it all. So thanks to Mark and Suzanne for inviting me along. This week, I might head back to see Dennis DeYoung of Styx.

No comments: