Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend Review

I know one is going to feel sorry for me, but I have been extremely busy this past week. My latest project started on Monday. That would be a resurfacing project from Kewaskum to Eden along USH 45. We are doing some work on a bridge and there is a detour. But most people are using one of the local roads, which is much shorter than the detour. I have spent half of my days this past week dealing with the local municipalities and local residents, which doesn't give much time to do the work I need on the project. Not to mention I was given no advance notice on the start date of the project, so I haven't been able to prepare any of the paper work in advance. All of this led to a lot of long days. It was easily a 65 hour week for me.

But let's get to something a little more fun, the weekend. Friday night, I worked until 7. It is an hour drive home. I went straight to Crawdaddys and got the Crawdaddys caserole. At least that is what I call it. An order of crawtails, house rice and carrots. I mix it all up in a bowl. Fantastic. That with a rootbeer float. There isn't a better meal. I stayed home Friday night. Saturday I worked out, got in a bike ride and then tended the house. I cleaned a little and cut the grass. In the afternoon, I was at my brother's, who helped me change the oil on my truck. Then it was Ethan's brithday. I proved my speed domaniance over my nephews, in a 40 yard dash, but it is getting closer and closer. Plus I thought I was going to pull a hammy at the 10 yard marker. We had some great food, ka-bobs, corn on the cob and a ton of desserts. I got in a little sheepshead, then played some ghost in the graveyard. After the first lap around the house I thought I was going to die. I needed oxygen. The fact that there was no moon, you couldn't see anything, but it was fun.

Sunday slept in, then got in what is suppose to be my "daily" pushups and situps, that I ignored all last week, and a quick bike ride. I now have a place in Eden, because even though the drive is only a hour. Driving two hours a day just seems like too much of a waste of time for me. Plus the amount I get paid in milage will more than pay for the place. But wait until you see the place. I have nothing there. I am literally just taking my bed there. I did some grocery shopping for the week. Prepared that food for all week, because I don't intend on cooking much in Eden. Afterwards, I put some hours in doing computer work for my job. Then I loaded up the toyota and went up to Eden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loads of fun on Sunday .... nice to see you. Better stop by soon for your shirt and cookies!! Annie