Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Work Work Work

It is widely believed that I don't work much at all. The end of this past week was contrary to that popular belief. Thursday, I was working in the office from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. After work I drove up to Appleton, there I worked on what I hope will be the file issue to straighten out to complete the project. That work took place from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Friday morning. Later Friday morning, I held a Pre Construction Meeting for my next project in Fond du Lac. It was at this meeting that I learned that the project is going to start on Monday morning. Yesterday. Normally there are 10 -14 days between this meeting and the start of the project. Unfortunately for me, I had to go straight back to our office in Milwaukee to prepare for the job, i.e. prepare our work schedule and arrange for personnel on the job and get a number of forms together. That kept me at the office until 5:00 p.m. I was invited to the Brewer Game Friday night. In a 40 hour span from Thursday morning into early Saturday morning, I got 1.5 hours of sleep. Here are some project pictures I took Thursday night / Friday morning.
We had the bridge open like this for about 5 hours. The last two times I was on the project finishing up change order issues, I have been operating the bridge. And I have done a number of openings and closings. I think it is safe to say that I have operated this bridge more than anyone else, since the bridge was rehabilitated.I had two iron workers on site Thrusday night / Friday morning. It took them about an hour and half to do the welding on each side of the bridge. While I was waiting for them to finish, I walked over to the train swing bridge and took some pictures.

No comments: