Friday, August 28, 2009

Pearl Jam

Monday night I went to Pearl Jam in Chicago. I would like to thank my friend, Sunny, for hooking me up with the tickets. I had great seats, two sections down from the front of the stage and 16 rows back. I have to do some research, but I think this was my 9th Pearl Jam show. The band just celebrated their 20th year together, and they came out with as much energy and fury as any other concert of their's that I have been to. Eddie came out sporting shorts. Mike McCready at times seemed like a caged animal, walking in circles and at the end of the show, he was running circles around the entire stage. Here is the set list:
Hard To Imagine
Corduroy
In My Tree (a great song, the first time they played it this leg of the tour, one of my favorites but a very underrated song)
Last Exit
All Night
Nothingman (another surprise song, that I was happy to hear)

The Fixer
Even Flow (during the guitar solos Eddie made his way over to the side for a smoke and some wine)
Present Tense
Whipping
Not For You(Modern Girl)
Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall)
First Encore
Second Encore
Wasted Reprise
Better Man(Save it for Later) (the version at Summerfest a couple years ago was better)

Crazy Mary
State Of Love And Trust
Fuckin' Up
Yellow Ledbetter(The Star-Spangled Banner) (the first time I have heard them play with the Star Spangled Banner)

It was a great show, but not the greatest set list. I was really hoping for them to open with Release. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Bubs said...

I don't know half of those songs! I must be getting old.

Anonymous said...

To get "Release" is like winning the PJ Lotto buddy

-borky

Rickie Davies said...

I have only won the lottery once.