Friday, August 27, 2010

Used Car Salesman

Wednesday evening, I had just settled into my couch to watch some TV when my phone rang. It was my brother, Jeff(a.k.a. Chucker). He said that he was with a group down at Miller Park tailgating for the Brewer game and invited me down. I think it was last year, that I said I would accept any and all reasonable offers when someone invited me somewhere or to do something. I told him to give me 20 minutes and I would be down there. So down to the parking lot I went. And I don't think I was even a minute over 20 minutes, in fact I might have been there quicker. When I arrived, the cocktails were getting poured, and pizza brats were headed for the grill. His group even had an extra ticket which I was happy to take off their hands. It was a club level seat, which is fine, but I would rather be in the bleachers with the common folk. Here is my dad explaining to Tom that his youngest son is quite the head boner.Here is a view from our seats.Here is Tim giving Chucker a hard time about something, which is weird to see because normally Tim would be asleep by this time of the evening. Here is also something of a shocker, Tim said he has never tailgated with hard alcohol before. Plenty of times with beer, but never booze. How did we ever let him into the family? Look at how happy these two are.
As you may know, on Tuesday they unveiled the new statue of Bud Selig. I am not going to say that I was the first person to get my picture taken with the statue. As you can see Bud, Rollie Fingers and Hank Arron beat me to that.But I very well could have been the first person to climb up and get my picture taken with my arm around the statue.

Bubs, after the picture was taken, I was talking to the guy who took the picture for me. I told him about my picture doing a pull up on the bat of the Robin Yount statue. And I was trying to explain the meaning of "attractive nuisance", but unfortunately it was lost on him. I don't think he went to Marquette Law.

Sorry I have been slacking on the Lyric of the Day:

People say I'm the life of the party.

Cause I tell a joke or two.

Although I might be laughing loud and hearty.

Deep inside I'm blue.

2 comments:

Bubs said...

Here you go buddy!

attractive nuisance doctrine:

n. a legal doctrine which makes a person negligent for leaving a piece of equipment or other condition on property which would be both attractive and dangerous to curious children. These have included tractors, unguarded swimming pools, open pits, and abandoned refrigerators. Liability could be placed on the people owning or controlling the premises even when the child was a trespasser who sneaked on the property. Basically the doctrine was intended to make people careful about what dangerous conditions they left untended.

Anonymous said...

Bud Selig is a choade. He tried to contract one of the greatest teams in baseball. jacka**

-borky