Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend Review

This past weekend, my friends, Kristin and Patrick, were in town and stayed with me. Friday night we went to the Brewer Game.We tailgated through the rain.I built lifesize Jenga a while back, but this was the first time I brought it tailgating. It was a big hit. Nearly every one that walked by stopped to take a look. Here is our friend, Kim playing. Check out the fuzz in the background. They came by a number of times to watch.These girls walked by and I invited them to play. They weren't very good, or very smart.Kristin and Patrick's friends, Kim and Jon came to meet us in the parking lot. Here is something of a team photo prior to going into the game.As always, Nate hooked us up with some great seats in the club level.We were able to talk Nate into hanging out with us for the game. Just like last year when Kristin and Patrick were in town, we had Nate give us something of a behind the scenes tour. Here we are at Friday's.After the game we headed down to the field level.Here we are in the Air Tran Airways Landing Zone.We went up to Nate's office to get Kristin and Patrick some bobbleheads. Here is Nate with, I think it was Craig Counsel's batting helmet.I had to try the helmet on too.As we were walking out of the lower level of Miller Park to Nate's truck, we saw Trevor Hoffman walking out at the same time. I don't know too many, if any professional athletes, but Hoffman seems like a great person. He even initiated the conversation with us as we were walking out and wished us a good evening. Then he signed autographs for all of the kids waiting outside that wanted one. His pitching may be in decline, but as a person he appears to be nothing but class. Before Kristin and Patrick came into town I sent them an email with things we could do while they were in town. You may remember a post I had a while ago that was from an article on Onmilwuakee.com with 100 things to do in Milwaukee. I highlighted a couple of these things in the email I sent them. After the game we drove over to the Iron Horse Hotel for a drink. At bar time we then went up to the East side to finish the night off at Oakland Gyros.Saturday we had lunch with a co-worker of Kristin's that lives in Milwaukee. Then we headed down to the Pabst Mansion for a tour.I had always wanted to do the Pabst Mansion tour. It was pretty cool. The woodwork in the building was just amazing. I would recommend going. After the tour we got a picture with our tour guide, Dan.Kristin had mentioned to me a while ago about the bar, The Safe House. We headed there for a drink and some appetizers. It had been a number of years since I had been there. It is a pretty cool bar, and if you have never been there, you really should go there at least once.We then headed up to the eastside again to see the boat house. Saturday night I took them to my favorite restaurant, Crawdaddy's. It was a pretty action packed weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a fabulous weekend Rickie---can't wait for next summer!

KO